Genius, I know!

It worked out very well. Tyler finally shut up and I got to kiss my boyfriend. Win win, am I right?

I look up when I hear Caroline entering the house.

"You're still here? What are you doing?" Caroline asks Tyler.

"Gloating." Tyler smirks.

"Come home. Don't stoop to his level." Caroline tells him.

"He destroyed my life. I plan on being present for every second of his misery until I can kill him myself." Tyler states.

"Fine. You can gloat and multitask. This place is a disaster. Starting with the corpse." She says, eyeing the covered body.

"Tyler's mother is dead. So is my brother. We're even. Call Bonnie. Get her to let me out of here." Nik says.

"I will never, ever, help you." Caroline glares.

"How quickly you forget the part where I saved Tyler from the misery of being a werewolf. Or the night your mother invited me into her home to save the life of her precious daughter." Nik replies.

"How delusional are you? You killed his mother. And let's not forget that we're standing in a house where Elena's aunt Jenna used to live. Or did you think that we would forget how you killed her, too? You know what? No. I am not going to engage in this. You are not even worth the calories I burn talking to you." Caroline says angrily.

Suddenly Nik vamp-speeds to pick up a nearby floor lamp, which he uses to impale Caroline.

"No!" "Nik!" Tyler and I shout at the same time.

Nik swings Caroline over to his side of the magical barrier and bites her neck. She falls to the floor with a soft thud.

"Now, that was definitely worth the calories." Nik smirks, wiping some stray blood from his lip.

———

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" Caroline freaks out as Tyler sets her on the couch.

"Hey, hey. Look at me. Look at me. I can fix this." Tyler tries to comfort.

"How? The only thing that can heal me is his blood! Oh my god..."

"I know. I'll fix it." Tyler assures the blonde.

Caroline nods at him.

"She'll die if you don't heal her." Tyler tells Nik.

"Okay." Nik pauses, bites into his wrist, and extends his arm, palm up. "Beg me to save her life."

"Is this what you want? To remind me that I'm powerless against you? Fine. You win. I'm nothing. Now save her. Please." Tyler responds.

"I'm sorry, mate. I didn't quite catch that." Nik taunts.

"Please." Tyler says through gritted teeth.

"Please...?" Nik prompts him to continue.

"Please save her life."

"See, now I think you're just telling me what I want to hear. I mean, you did call me pathetic earlier. And wouldn't it be more pathetic of me to help now, knowing that hours ago, you announced your plan to kill me in a manner in which you're debating because you want it to have a certain amount of flair? I'm just asking." Nik replies.

"I'll be your servant again. I'll do whatever you want. Just help her." Tyler begs.

"No." Nik shrugs.

"Get me out of here. I can't even look at him." Caroline speaks.

"Come on." Tyler helps her up from her spot and picks her up.

I had been watching the entire scene play out while biting my nails.

As they leave, I rush to catch up with them.

"Guys hold on." I call softly.

Tyler spins around to talk to me. "Ivy, I'm sorry about what I said earlier, but you have to help her out. Please."

"Yeah. Of course. I can get him to help I just need a minute." I reply.

"Thank you." Tyler nods.

I nod back and return to the living room.

"Heyyy Niky." I smile, shifting my weight from my heels to my toes as I rock back and forth.

"Yes, my love?" Nik answers.

I walk over to him and plant a kiss on his lips. My arms wrap around his neck while his wrap around my waist.

"You're not really gonna let Care die are you?" I ask as I pull back from the kiss.

"Would you like me to?" He asks.

"No. I'd really appreciate if you would heal her." I answer.

"Then it shall be done. Anything you wish for I will make happen." Nik replies.

"Thank you. I love you so much!" I smile.

"Of course. But can we wait like ten minutes so Tyler will freak out?" Nik asks excitedly.

I sigh and bury my head in my hands at his antics.

———

I love writing poetry and then looking at it two days later and cringing bc it's so freaking bad. True story btw.