"Nik?"

"Yes?" He answers, looking worried I'd changed my mind.

"Will you join me?" I ask softly.

"Anything for you, my love." Nik smiles.

———

I sigh in content as Nik's fingers scrub against my scalp, lathering the shampoo.

He then takes a few moments to rinse out all the soap. Once he fully washed it out, he puts all of my hair over one shoulder.

"Huh..." he sounds.

"What is it?" I ask.

"How come I've never noticed this birthmark?" He questions, running his finger over it.

"I usually cover it with makeup. I used to get bullied for it." I answer.

"Have you always had it?" He asks.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"This birthmark is a shared trait of a particular Wolfpack in New Orleans." He states.

"You know what pack Hayley and I are from?" I ask breathlessly.

"I believe they're called the crescent pack." Nik replies.

I let the information sink in for a moment before speaking.

"Can we wait a bit to tell Hayley. That's gonna be all she wants to talk about and I'm not sure I can handle that right now." I say in a small voice.

"We can tell her whenever you feel comfortable. It is all up to you, my Angel" Nik replies softly.

"I love you." I turn to rest my forehead against his.

"I love you. Always." Nik responds.

———

I slowly walk down the steps of the Salvatore mansion's cellar, holding tightly to Nik's hand.

Nik needed Stefan to go get the dagger back from Rebekah, so we were here to keep an eye on Damon, who was still under Kol's compulsion.

"You coming to snap my neck again? Because I woke up feeling completely un-murderous, and I'm pretty sure that it's safe to set me free." I hear Damon say.

Nik and I stand out of his view, waiting to make our presence known.

Stefan remains silent as he throws a vial of blood towards Damon.

"Oh man, really? You practically bled me dry. At least spring for a bag or something. I'm thirsty." Damon complains.

Stefan sets a water bottle between the bars of the door.

"Not exactly what I had in mind." Damon grumbles.

He then gets up, groaning, and walks over to grab the water bottle. From his new position he sees Nik and I standing on the other side.

"Hello, mate." Nik greets.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Damon glares.

"Babysitting." Nik states with a smile.

"Oh." Is all Damon responds with.

"Give him a vial of blood every couple of hours, so he doesn't desiccate. If he gets too much strength back, or if he just annoys you, bleed him out again." Stefan instructs.

"Silent treatment, huh? Is that your best shot?"Damon asks Stefan before turning his attention to Nik and I. "He's still pissed at me for sleeping with Elena."

"You sure about that? 'Cause I saw him trying to sneak out of Rebekah's bed this morning, which would suggest to me that he's moved on." Nik says.

I look at him with furrowed eyebrows, wordlessly questioning if it was true.

His angel ~a Klaus Mikaelson x OC love story~जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें