I'm not going anywhere

Start from the beginning

"I was gonna take him, but I figured you went through such trouble to truss him up in your red room of pain." Stefan speaks as he walks out from his hiding place.

"It's from the Inquisition. I thought it was a nice touch." Nik responds.

"What'd you get out of him?" Stefan asks.

"Not enough. He's mum about the Council fire and he's not saying anything about this greater evil we're all supposed to be shivering over. What brings you snooping?" Nik answers before asking a question of his own.

"Well, I can't say it in front of him. As I'm sure you've figured out, our friend here can't be compelled." Stefan says.

"You're full of mysteries, aren't you?" Nik asks Connor.

"I told you, I don't know anything." Connor grunts.

"Thankfully, I know plenty." Nik says before taking my hand.

We start to walk out of the room, but Nik stops and turns back to Stefan. "Shall we?" He gestures for Stefan to follow.

Stefan stares at Connor for a few more seconds and follows Nik and I out. Nik shuts the doors to Connor's holding room and turns to Stefan.
"So, what's with the home invasion?"

"Damon said you knew something about this guy. Now, I should have figured out that you were up to something when you healed Elena from the werewolf poison without asking for anything in return." Stefan says, referring to when Elena ingested the venom yesterday.

"I was feeling benevolent." Nik answers.

"You're never benevolent. Who is this guy? What's the Five?" Stefan asks.

"So many questions." Nik mutters.

"It's a good thing I have nothing to do today, except get answers out of you." Stefan replies.

"Fine. You might actually be useful in persuading my sister to cooperate." Nik states.

"The brotherhood of the Five was a group of highly skilled vampire hunters. We crossed paths with them in the 12th century Italy." Nik begins to dive into his explanation.

———

After a long story about how the originals first met the five, Stefan had some questions.

"So these hunters have been around for nine hundred years?"

"Apparently. Though our friend in the other room is the first I've seen since then. Kind of makes you wonder what they've been up to all these years." Nik answers.

"And Rebekah had a thing with one of them?" Stefan asks.

"Oh, she didn't just have a thing. She fell in love with him. He told her all his secrets. Which I will gladly share with you provided you do one thing for me." Nik says.

"And what's that?" Stefan questions.

"Get Rebekah over here. She's being stubborn and hateful. I need to make peace with her. I want her to give me some very important information about the hunter which she won't do, unless she believes we've made up."

"Nik..." I start.

He holds up a finger telling me to wait a minute.

I raise my eyebrow, testing if he actually wants to go there.

"Sorry. We'll talk in a moment, my love." He corrects himself.

I nod my head, approving his alternative option.

"And what's in it for me?" Stefan asks, returning to their conversation.

"Just get her here and I'll tell you. Oh, and Stefan, trust me when I say this; that hunter in there holds the answer to all your prayers."