"Fine, then I promise I'll get you ice cream. How's that?"

"Perfect. Be safe." I smile, pulling him into a quick kiss.

After Nik had left the room my eyes rested on Tyler who looked amused and a little grossed out.

"You guys are nasty. But it is really funny seeing him take orders from someone half his height." He snorts.

"I am not that short!" I protest.

"Sure." He chuckles.

———

I sat with Tyler on the couch. A comfortable silence blanketing the room as he tossed a football in and out of his hands.

My attention turns to the door behind us as I hear a random girl walking in.

"So, this is where you've been hiding, huh?" She questions.

Tyler snaps his head around to see where the voice came from. "Hayley?!" He asks in surprise.

"Hey, Lockwolf!" She greets, pulling him into a hug. She pulls back and looks over at me.
"And who might this be?" She asks.

"That's Ivy. Klaus's girlfriend." Tyler explains.

"Huh...when Tyler said Klaus had a girlfriend I kind of imagined this really scary looking chick, but you look so...not scary." She admits.

"Oh she's not. She doesn't need to be because if anyone so much as gives her a paper cut, Klaus goes berserk." Tyler responds before me.

"He's very protective." I shrug with a shy smile.

"Right, that reminds me. You ass! I thought Klaus killed you." Hayley turns to Tyler, shoving his chest.

"I should have called." Tyler admits sheepishly.

"From your trailer park in Florida? You liar!" She laughs out the accusation. "You're totally loaded!" She adds as she takes a seat on the edge of a desk.

Tyler gives a light shrug in response.

"I chained you up all over the Appalachians. I talked you through every turn. I helped you break the sire bond. You could have told me your real story." Hayley says.

"I didn't want anybody to follow me back." Tyler replies.

Hayley frowns at him in confusion.

"Werewolves weren't safe around Klaus, and you shouldn't be here, either. His hybrids are all over this house, and so is he." Tyler's explains.

Hayley stands to face him.

"I know. One of his hybrids is with a pack I ran with. He called me and told me that he was coming to protect a guy named Tyler, and I thought, tsk, what are the chances?"

They stare at each other for a moment without saying anything.

"I can ask Nik not to mess with Hayley if you want." I offer to Tyler.

"Would you mind?" He asks.

"I'll try my best." I say.

"You look really familiar...do I know you somehow?" Hayley asks as she stares at me.

"I don't think we've met before." I answer.

"Guess you just have one of those faces." She shrugs, still looking at me as if she could figure it out.

"Guess so." I nod.

"Well, the least you could do is pour me some fancy, rich people scotch." Hayley turns her attention back to Tyler.