Apologies mean nothing to the dead

Start from the beginning

We move in a fast paced rhythm. I feel his tongue brush against my bottom lip, begging for entry.

I open my mouth, giving him the access he craved.

I don't fight him for dominance, giving him total control as our lips collide passionately.

My hand curls itself into his hair, giving it a gentle pull. My heart flutters as he lets out a small groan.

I feel as he places his hand under my shirt, resting on my waist, sending butterflies to my stomach.

We don't break the kiss as he gently lays me on the bed, hovering on top of me.

I love him more than I thought possible, but as I feel his hand snaking further up my shirt, I couldn't help but feel a little hesitant.

"Nik." I whisper breathlessly.

"Hmm?" He hums, planting small kisses on my neck.

"I'm not ready." I say.

He immediately pulls back, looking at my red face. "Are you okay?" He asks concerned.

"Yeah. I'm really sorry, I just don't think I'm ready for that yet." I explain, hiding my face in my hands from embarrassment.

He gently pulls my hands away from my face.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. If you're not ready than that's perfectly fine. I am just honored to be in your presence, I need nothing more." He says sincerely.

"I love you." I speak the only thing that was running through my mind.

"I love you endlessly." He answers, kissing the inside of my palm.

————

I had ended up eating the food Nik brought me, feeling a bit better than this morning.

It was now later in the day. I had just been in my room watching movies and relaxing.

I paused my movie when I heard angry sounding voices from downstairs. I recognized one as Nik and the other as Damon.

I furrowed my brows, but got up from my bed anyway, making my journey downstairs.

"Leave, before I rip your bloody head off." Nik threatens, keeping Damon from entering the house.

"Ivy, I just want to talk to you." Damon says, noticing my presence. Nik whips around to look at me, his face softening immediately.

"I can make him leave." He offers.

"No it's fine. I'll talk." I sigh.

Nik nods, begrudgingly letting Damon walk through the front door.

"What do you need to say?" I ask tiredly.

"I was hoping we could talk without your guard dog." Damon says, looking pointedly at Nik.

Nik glares, looking as if he was two seconds away from murder.

"Fine." I sigh.

I turn to lead him upstairs, only to be stopped by a gentle hold on my wrist.

"Are you sure?" Nik asks looking concerned.

"It'll only take a second." I offer him a small smile. He nods, slowly letting go of my wrist.

"Lovely. Let's go." Damon says, following me up the staircase.

I lead him into my room. Taking a seat in my comfy chair as he hovers awkwardly in the center of the room.

"Nice place." He remarks.

"Thanks. Did you want to talk or not?" I ask tiredly.

"I wanted to apologize." He states.

"Okay."

"Look, I'm really sorry. But this thing you've got going with Klaus is not good. He's manipulating you into thinking you love him with that soulmate bond thing. I just don't want you to get hurt."

I stare at him in disbelief.

"Are you actually joking right now?" I scoff.

"No. I helped Esther to help you. She said killing Klaus would break the soulmate bond."

"Oh so letting Esther sacrifice me is supposed to help me?" I ask heatedly, standing from my chair.

"She said she was going to bring you back!" He attempts to defend.

"But she wasn't going to! She lied!"

"I'm sorry okay?"

"Yeah that apology would mean even less if I had died. You put my life in the hands a woman you met two days ago!"

"What do you want me to say? Anything I do makes me the bad guy."

"Because you are a bad guy, Damon. I forgive you every time you do something stupid. But this? This is unforgivable. You could have killed me Damon do you understand that?"

"But I didnt!"

"This is useless. You still can't admit what you did."

"I said I was sorry." He grits out.

"I think you should go."

"Ivy..." he starts.

"You heard the lady, time to go." Nik says, standing in the doorway.

Damon walks out without another word.

I sit on my bed, staring at my hands.

I know I should be crying or something, but I couldn't help feel a little good for myself.

I never stand up for myself, so finally sticking to my argument instead of backing down felt...liberating.

—————

Watched dirty dancing, and it's one of my fav summer movies (yes I know it's not summer) but oh my god does the soundtrack slap.