Vampire history lesson

Start from the beginning

"If you wake Mikael, we are all doomed!" Rebekah exclaims.

"So then, tell me." Elena demands.

"Why do you want to know?" Rebekah questions.

"Why don't you want me to wake him?" Elena questions back.

"I need to get back to the girls." Rebekah dodges the question, leaving me with Elena.

"You don't know who the hell you're dealing with. Just drop it and quit trying to ruin their lives." I speak up.

"Oh and you know? Why would they tell you and not me. Nobody likes you."

"I don't owe you an explanation. You can hate me all you want, but you're in the wrong."

————

After school Rebekah and I went back to the Salvatore house, where we were both staying at the moment.

She had invited Elena over to try and show her why she shouldn't wake Mikael.

I didn't think it was a good idea, but she insisted.

"Hey! What's up?" I hear Rebekah ask cheerfully.

I turn my head to see Elena walk through the door.

"You invited me over? To talk?" Elena speaks.

"All right girls, have at it!" Rebekah calls out.

I watch as six girls come out, all dressed in fancy dresses. "Okay, now twirl please." Rebekah says.
They do as they're told, obviously under compulsion.

"You compelled your own private runway show?" Elena asks in disbelief.

"I need a Homecoming dress. So, what do you think? Pick one." Rebekah responds.

"I'm not here to help you shop. I'm here to talk about why you don't want me to wake up Mikael." Elena states sharply.

Rebekah then rushes to one of the girls, grabs her neck, and shoes the veins that grow under her eyes.

"I said "pick one", Elena."

"The...red one." She responds.

"There. It wasn't so hard, was it?"

"Was that really needed?" I ask Rebekah.

"No, but it was fun. Which one do you like? Your opinion matters most." Rebekah replies.

"I like the red one too. It'll look nice with your hair." I smile softly.

"Thank you." She grins before turning to the compelled girls.

"Go away. Remember nothing."

The girls leave and Rebekah picks up her glass of champagne.

"You do not threaten me. You'll learn what I allow you to learn. Is that clear?" Rebekah warns Elena.

Elena nods.

Rebekah then walks past her and grabs my hand, leading us away.

———

Rebekah had decided it would be fun to snoop through all of Stefan's belongings.

I didn't participate, but I wasn't about to rain on her parade, so I just stood beside her.

"How fun is this...?" She asks, opening one of Stefan's drawers.

"We shouldn't be here..." Elena says.

"Course we should! Come on, like you've never wanted to snoop." Rebekah replies, holding up a pair of Stefan's underwear. "Boxer briefs. A lot has changed since the twenties."