Shop until you drop

Start from the beginning

"Nice one. Good work." I hear Nik scold Stefan.

"You're the one that pulled the dagger out of her." Stefan retorts.

"I heard that." Rebekah calls out.

She rolls her eyes at their comments, then she hands me a pretty dress and closes the curtain.

I quickly slip it on.

"Ok. You can come in." I call out to Rebekah.

Rebekah immediately pulls the curtain back. I watch as her eyes light up when she looks at me.

"Oh it's gorgeous. Come on, let's go show Nik!" She says excitedly, pulling me out to where he was sitting.

Nik looks at me with an expression that's something like adoration mixed with lust.

He can't seem to find the words to speak, so Rebekah takes it upon herself. "Doesn't she look pretty Nik?"

"You look absolutely ravishing, angel." He finally speaks, a grin taking over his face.

"Thank you." I smile back, my face turning a light scarlet.

"Ugh she's perfect. Like my own little doll!" Rebekah says, squeezing me in a hug.

I giggle at the comparison.

"You have to wear the dress all day. Promise?" Rebekah says.

"It's a little fancy for day wear don't you think?"

"Oh nonsense. You look beautiful. You'll wear it." Rebekah responds. Not leaving much room for argument.

"Okay then." I giggle.

———

When we got back to the bar, I showed Rebekah my Lana playlist and she loved it. Just as I thought.

I look up when I hear Stefan enter the bar.

"You left us." Rebekah states.

"Yeah, sorry. Retail therapy was making my head explode." Stefan responds.

"Tell me about it." Nik adds.

"I'm sorry." I whisper to him, feeling bad about taking up his time with shopping.

"It's okay, angel. I was just joking." He reassures me, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

I catch the last second of Stefan's glare on us before he looks over at Gloria.

"What's she doing?" Stefan asks.

"She's failing." Nik grumbles.

"It's hard to find something when you don't have anything to go on." Gloria retorts.

"So use me. I only wore it for a thousand years." Rebekah suggests.

"See? Now this one offers a solution." Gloria says.

Rebekah walks over and sits on the table she's working at.

"All right, give me your hand, sweetheart." Gloria says, and Rebekah complies.

"She's, uh, she's looking for the necklace, huh?" Stefan asks. I hear a hint of panic in his voice, but don't think much of it.

"I can sense something." Gloria announces.

She then starts chanting in a language I don't understand.

Gloria suddenly drops Rebekah's hand after a moment and looks at Klaus, Stefan, and I.

"I found it." She says.

"So where is it?" I ask, excited for Rebekah to get her necklace back.

"It doesn't work like that, doll. I get images. There's a girl with her friends..." Gloria explains.