He nods with a smile.

"How'd you know this was my favorite?" I ask, looking at my exact usual ice cream order.

"It's what you were eating when we first met." He explains with a shy smile.

"Thank you! That's so nice." I exclaim, sliding the treat in front of me.

"Of course, angel." He replies, sending butterflies to my stomach.

He'd never used that nickname before. It was usually just 'Love', but he calls a lot of girls love. Angel felt different.

I smile at him before digging into my dessert.

After a second he got up to talk to a woman who had some information for him.

I continued to eat as Stefan and Klaus talked, too far away for me to hear anything.

I absolutely destroyed that ice cream because as Stefan walked out of the bar I took my last bite.

Klaus walked back over and sat down again.

"Where's he going?" I ask about Stefan.

"Just taking care of something real fast." He replies vaguely.

I simply nod my head.

His eyebrow raises as he looks at my empty dish.

"I take it you enjoyed it?" He chuckles, pointing to where the ice cream once sat.

"Yes! I would love another one if you're feeling generous." I bat my eyelashes, hoping for a yes.

"I would, but a little birdie told me you get a little crazy when you have too much sugar."

"Ugh, Stefan is such a freaking tattletale!" I groan.

"Sorry Angel." He chuckles.

————

After awhile Ray was laying on his back over the pool table as Klaus was explaining how to become a hybrid.

"Okay, it's a three step process, Ray. This is step one. I want you to drink from my wrist."

"I already told you where to find the pack. What more do you want from me?" Rays asks.

"Have you been listening to a word I've been saying, Ray? I have great plans for you." Klaus responds.

He then cuts his wrist and makes Ray drink his blood.

"You'll thank me for it later, huh. There we go, attaboy!" Klaus taunts as Ray is forced to drink the blood.

I then notice Stefan arrive. I send him a small smile and wave, which he returns.

"What are you going to do now?" Ray questions.

"It's time for step two, Ray." Klaus says before twisting his neck.

I cringe at the sickening crack that echos through the room.

"You're back." Klaus states, looking at Stefan.

"Did you doubt me?" Stefan replies.

"Not for a second. I knew you'd pass the test. You still care for your brother, for your old life."

"Nah, I don't care about anything anymore." Stefan says, making me frown.

"You put on a good show Stefan. I almost believe you. Let's hope, for your brother's sake, he does. You never stop caring about family, do you? But, every time you feed, the blood makes it easier to let go." Klaus says.

—————

Stefan had stepped outside for a moment, leaving me alone with Klaus.

I was occupying myself by ripping up the straw wrapper from my water when I heard Klaus sit next to me.

"Tell me something about yourself." He speaks after a moment of silence.

"What?" I giggle.

"We've spent all summer together and I'd like to know who I'm hanging out with." He responds with a smirk.

"What do you want to know." I ask.

"Something nobody knows." He leans in as he speaks, as if it was going to be some big secret.

"I don't know...I really don't hide much." I chuckle.

"there has to be one thing that you're keeping from your friends, tell me." He stares into my eyes with a gentle smile.

I take a second to think, then it strikes me. "I can play the piano."

"Really?" He asks, looking pleasantly surprised.

"Yes." I smile.

"Why haven't you told anyone?"

"I guess I'm just shy. I used to play for my mom, my hands would start shaking whenever I played in front of her. Just stage fright I guess."

"I'm sure you play beautifully." He says, sounding completely sincere.

I try to keep myself from blushing as I speak again.

"What do you like to do? You know when you're not scheming." I joke.

He laughs, making my stomach tie itself into a knot.

"I like art. Painting, drawing, anything really."

"Ohh that's so cool! I've always wanted to paint." I reply.

"Maybe I could teach you one day." He offers.

"I'd like that." I respond, unable to hide my large smile.

—————

They are SO cute!!! What are some ship names for them? All I can think of is klivy but it could be something with Nik or Niklaus too.