Do you want to kiss me?

ابدأ من البداية

My hearts pangs at the mention of Jenna. I don't know if she's even still alive.

"That's why I gave you the vervain. So you had a choice." Damon responds.

"It was her or me. I chose her." Katherine answers, being brutally honest.

I look at her with wide eyes.

How could she just hand over an innocent person to be killed?

"I helped you. You owed me. Now when Klaus dies, you're going to walk out of here without a scratch and Elena's aunt dies. Somehow you're the only one that wins. How'd that happen?" Damon says.

"I didn't let love get in the way." Katherine replies.

"Enjoy an eternity alone, Katherine." Damon retorts, walking past her.

"What are you going to do?" She questions.

Damon turns to look her in the eyes.

"I'm going to offer myself as a replacement to Klaus."

"Damon, no. Please don't." I beg. My eyes blur with tears at the thought of losing my best friend.

"He won't take you. He saw your bite, he said that your blood is impure. I'm sorry, Damon. But Jenna's dead, there's nothing you can do about it." Katherine states.

————

It had been two days.

Two days of complete silence from my friends.

I had tried to walk out of the apartment the second the sun rose on the first day, but I couldn't get my foot over the threshold.

That means they failed. Klaus was alive and Damon was either slowly withering away...or dead.

And since Klaus wasn't dead, that meant Elena probably was.

Even if she hated me, she didn't deserve to die.

I tried not to think about it, but there's not much else to do.

Katherine had been keeping me company.

She actually wasn't terrible when she wasn't actively working against you.

I'd taken multiple showers just trying to pass some time, but I didn't have any clothes here so I had to borrow some of Alaric's.

I was currently sitting on the bed with Katherine. We were both really bored just sitting in silence.

I had never been one to start the conversation so I was waiting for her to say something.

She seems to read my mind as she starts talking. "Have you and Damon ever kissed?"

"What? No!" I look at her with wide eyes.

"Really? I thought you would've at least kissed, if not more." She says.

"Well we haven't. He's my best friend, nothing more." I state.

"Well who have you kissed then? Matt? Stefan? Maybe Bonnie?" She stares directly into my eyes, trying to figure out the answer.

I blush from embarrassment and look down, avoiding eye contact.

"Oh my god...you've never kissed anyone before?!" She gasps, a bit amused and a little shocked.

I hide my face in my hands.

"Why not?" She giggles.

"Nobody's ever wanted to." I answer begrudgingly.

I peak out from behind my hands to see her reaction.