You know you love me

Start from the beginning

"I can talk to Elena, if you want." Stefan offers.

"No. That's not what I'm trying to do. I just don't want you guys messing with the deal keeping Elena safe." I explain.

"Ok, I'm still waiting for the part where John Gilbert is the answer to our problem." Damon goes back to the earlier conversation.

"He knew about the sacrifice, Isobel told him. He said he knew a way to keep Elena safe." Stefan explains.

"And how do we do that?" I question.

"He's not talking. At least not to me anyway." Stefan states.

"Great work Stefan. Top notch. As if I didn't have enough problems." Damon says sarcastically, earning a light slap on the arm from me.

"Hey, I'm sorry about Rose." Stefan offers his condolences.

"Whatever. I knew the woman for five minutes." Damon tries to deflect.

"And you cared about her after five minutes. I wonder what that means?" Stefan says.

"Stefan..." I try to warn.

"It means I care, Stefan. It means I'm changing, evolving into a man capable of greatness. Better watch your back, because I may just have to go get a hero-hairdo of my own, and steal your thunder." Damon jokingly threatens.

"You guys are insufferable." I groan.

"Oh come on, baby, you know you love me." Damon says with a smirk.

I try to suppress a smile as I smack the back of his head. To which he swats my hand away.

"Did you see that? Stefan call the police I've been hit!" Damon jokes, holding the back of his head in mock pain.

I giggle uncontrollably as I start smacking him repeatedly.

Stefan ignores us and looks down to his phone, receiving a text from Caroline, reading "911 NOW".

"Do you want to come with me, or stay with Damon?" Stefan asks, looking at me.

"I'll go with you." I answer.

"Traitor!" Damon yells, jokingly. I stick out my tongue in response.

——————

When we got to Caroline's she explained the situation that warranted the very urgent text.

"Tyler knows about you and Damon. He knows that Damon killed Mason. I didn't say a word."

"It's that woman, Jules. She had a run-in with Damon." Stefan states.

"Tyler was so upset. The look on his face, he was so betrayed." Caroline says sadly.

I rub her arm in an attempt to console her.

Caroline and I had never been super close, but I like to think she'd consider me a friend.

"Wow this is bad." Stefan sighs, exhausted.

"You're not gonna tell Damon, are you?" Caroline asks, panicking.

"No! He already wants to kill him. He thinks all werewolves should die, and he's not wrong to think that, Caroline. I mean, what if Tyler tries to retaliate? He has every right to. He could get himself killed." Stefan explains.

"Well, we're not gonna let that happen. We have to get to him and reason with him before he does something stupid. You have to talk to him. Just try to explain, you know? You always know the right things to say, okay? He and I...we're friends." Caroline responds.

"You still want to come with me?" Stefan asks, making sure I'm comfortable talking with Tyler.

"Yeah, if that's ok with you?"