She sobs.

“And I promise you, this time, this surgery will work. I'll make sure of that”.

She tugs me close to her and buries her face into my stomach. Then I hear her whisper, “It won't be the same, father”.

✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽  

☆ Shannon's POV

I hear him slam the door loudly and I look up from the catalog in my hand.

“Get up!” he orders.

I sigh.

“Can't I have a moment of peace in this house?”.

Colton walks up to me and yanks me to my feet.

“Hey, let go of me!” I scream.

“Pack your bags. You're coming with us!”.

I frown and snatch my arm away from him.

“What for? To have them take off the bandages for the fourth time just to hear her say, 'It's still dark?!'. What kind of a parent are you?!”.

“A better one than you are!”.

I scoff and roll my eyes.

“Please” I eye him. “You're just subjecting the little girl to pain after pain and disappointment after disappointment!”.

“No, I'm giving her hope! I'm being there for her! Which is better than you've ever done for all these years!” he growls.

I look at him.

“I lost a...”.

“Oh just drop it, Shan!” he cuts me off. “How long are you going to keep playing that card, huh?”.

“Till I get over losing my child!”.

“Well get over it, now! Because you're coming with us India whether you like it or not!”.

He grabs my arm again.

“Colton, let me go!” I scream, trashing around.

He drags me across the room and I keep screaming.

“What's going on... son what are you doing?!” I hear Queen Mirabel cry out.

“Colton stop!” Zariana hurries in.

“Did you hear me, Colton?” his mother cries out again.

“Unhand her at once!” King James adds.

“Not until she agrees to come with her daughter!”.

“I'm not going anywhere with you or that disgrace you call a daughter because she's nothing but a burden...”.

There's a loud growl and I'm flying across the room. I crash into the large glass terrarium and it shatters. A ringing sound cuts through my ears as I lay there.

“Father?” I hear her call out.

Colton panics and I'm sure now he's grateful she can't see anything. I groan as I see the glass pierced into my skin.

“Alina you...”.

“Where's my mother?” she asks and begins to throw her hands around in her wheelchair.

Zariana quickly grabs the chair and wheels her backward.

“No, where is she?” she protests.

“Don't worry, Lina. Let's go get some ice cream...”.