go back

Long time no read huh... sorry but I need to clear my head for a bit, I was having a hard time figuring out what I want to happen in this story I even considered just discontinuing it but then I thought If I did discontinue this then I just wasted my time, not to mention the last brain cell I have just to think of a good storyline for this book, so ... here I am again. I'm still thinking of a good ending for this book but hey at least I made progress. hmm

Ps. That's my drawing of Liz. hope you guys like it and please vote at the end, if you like this chapter. -EM

"HELP!" Jade, Andre, and Steven, all look back at the burning building and saw Sikowitz leaning at the door frame ready to collapse. The three all ran towards him, Steven and Andre went up to his side and carried him to safety while as Jade guided the three she realized there was one person she hadn't seen since the show ended "Where's Beck?"

Jade's pov:

"Beck?! BECK?!! Andre, where's Beck?!"
Sikowitz took a hold of my arm and pulled me closer, he continued to cough before he could let his words out "He's still... Inside" I felt my surroundings slow down the sound became muffled, it was like my ground was shaking but I was the only one who felt it. I got up and started walking toward the fire.

"Jade? Where are y-- Jade! No stop!" His arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back. "No! Andre, I need to go back! Beck is still inside the school!"

He didn't let go, instead, he tightened his grip and lifted me up before walking back to the group.

Why is everyone always dragging me?! "ANDRE LET GO OF ME! He's -"

"Beck wouldn't want you running inside a burning building just to save him! Now would you-- stop squirming!" I had to kick his knee just so he would let go, as he release me, he quickly grabs his knee and stands on one foot, to be fair he would have been in a much more painful position if I hit my aim target. I run as fast as I could and didn't look back.

A thick of black smoke covered my face as I entered the building,y eyes quickly became watery and I started gasping for air.

I had to get down so I could see where I was going. The heat was hell, it felt like I was being boiled to death.

"BECK!"

His name was all I could shout, I could hear the fire slowly eating my school, destroying everything I love, but I'm not going let Beck be one of them.

When I finally got to the hallway I can barely see Vega's stupid locker, flickering.

"Where the hell could he be?! B*cough!-cough!* Beck!"

Thud! Thud! Thud!

I heard it in the Janitor's closet, I had to stand up and cover my nose and mouth to see, he was inside.

I tried to come near the door but the handle was too hot, I almost burned my hand. Fuck!

" The handle is hot!" I couldn't help but glare at him "Thanks for the heads up!" I sarcastically say.

I push the door to see if it can be knocked down. " You have to kick the door down?" He sided his head " I can't, the door is locked from the inside, it has to be kicked down from the outside"

I nodded and took a step back but before I could even kick the part of the ceiling dropped down.

I fell on my back and my ear began to ring. "Jade! Jade! Jade where are you?! Jade!"

The additional smoke covered the small window where I couldn't see Beck even though I could hear his voice, Jade, talk to me!" I felt a hot liquid slowly crawl down my ear. " I'm fine... I just-- we need to find you another way out". I stood up from where I landed.

"Can't you see anything inside that might help you get out?" I shout at him
I can see his silhouette as he tries to look around the room.

"No there's nothing here... it's just cleaning supplies*cough!cough!* Jade you need to go..."

"What?!"

"The smoke is getting in, we-I don't have time so you need to go now, go!...I'll be fine." Does he really think I'll be able to leave him here?! I just rolled my eyes and just stayed quiet my head is already pounding and I he's being stupid. "Jade?... You- you still there ?"

"Whatcha think?! Doofus!" I couldn't see him but I can imagine him smiling, leading me to smile at myself too, I decided to clear out the door. " So c'mon let's get you out Urgh--"

"Crush!"

The burning debris continues to fall, completely blocking the door
"Jade!"

.

.

.

.

.

.

Beck's pov:

"Jade? Jade?! JADE!... Fuck!"
I smash the window open but I couldn't see a thing, plus the ceiling's blocking the door.
I was raging the closet looking for something that could break the door down I saw the black metal ladder, I figure I can use it as a battering ram but bolt it down on the floor, there was nothing I could do but scream in anger. The smoke is getting thick and I'm losing oxygen by the minute. I closed my eyes and started smacking my head on the wall near the ladder until a sign fell on the floor that say "Secret passage up ⬆️" I didn't waste any time and started to climb the ladder leading out to the library. Uh, who knew there was a secret passage there I quickly run out of the hallway and made my way back to the locker "Jade! I'm here! Don't worry we'll-- Jade?" Where is she? Did she get out already? The whole school is starting to fall I need to get out but... What if she's still not out yet?... Jade, please be safe.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Andre's pov:

"Any sign of them?" Steven shouted at me
"They're not out yet...c'mon you two, where the hell are you?!" I whispered to myself, I decided to go back to get them both but the main entrance started to collapse.

"No!" I watch as my school is destroyed.
"Jade!" Steven's scream shot into my ear followed by Aunt Sandra's cry.

I turn around to look at them Cat was whimpering in Robbie's arms while Sikowitz was trying to stand up and desperately crawling toward the burning building and finally Tori hangs her mouth as she looks disbelief at everything that is happening.

Everything's ruined...

"Beck?...BECK!" Robbie uttered and pointed he was being wheeled into the ambulance. " His a-alive?" I whispered but to came up to me and added "Alone?" The turned to look at me before we all run toward him.

"Ja-Jade... Where is she" He continues to ask us "Did she get out?" He removed his mask and was trying to sit up. But I stop him before he could hurt himself.

"She's--"