I look down to find him already looking at me with a cute sleepy smile. "Guess you'll be sleeping with me, little man." He snuggle back into my chest. I shake my head and walk off towards the direction of my room.

Everything is exactly how I left it. Walking into my bathroom, I turn on my shower and head back to my bedroom. I lay Matteo down in the middle of my bed and gather my pillows, creating a border for him so he doesn't roll off the bed. I peck his forehead as he happily dozed off. I run into the shower and quickly clean off the sticky feeling of flying for hours. Throwing on my briefs, I walk back into my room to find Matteo still knocked out. I move one of the pillows, and get under the covers next to him. I lay there staring at my ceiling as he rolls over and cuddles into my side. I wrap an arm around him, a soft content sigh leaves him and his breath evens out. As I close my eyes, sleep comes.

THE NEXT MORNING

"We'll isn't this the cutest sight I've ever seen."

"It definitely is. Get a picture mom."

I open one eye to see my mom and Elena on either side of my bed. I groan, rubbing my face, "What are you guys doing here?"

"I wanted to check on Matteo."

At the mention of his name, both my eyes shot open and I looked down at him still soundly sleeping, but on my chest this time. I rub his back as he slowly blinks his eyes awake. He smiles at the sight of me, and I can't help the smile on my face.

"Come on Matteo, we have to change your diaper. And breakfast." My mom coos from my side as she tries to reach for him.

He starts whining on my chest.

I chuckle as I sit up, "it's okay, I won't be far," I kiss his cheek as I hand him to my mom. Once he's settled in her arms, she walks off.

"How did you make that happen?" Elena says from my other side, both hands on her hips.

"What?" I look at her confused.

"He doesn't want to sleep with anyone other than mom and Anna. He refuses to sleep in my bed!" She pouts and stomps her feet.

I burst out laughing, "Maybe because I'm just that easy to love."

She picks up a pillow and smacks me with it.

I laugh harder as she sticks her tongue at me, "Hurry up and come down for breakfast!" As she storms out of my room.

I shake my head and jump out of my bed heading into the shower again.

Once I'm dressed, I head down to the kitchen, finding my dad reading the newspaper at the head of the table, Elena smiling down at her phone, and my mom trying to spoon feed Matteo. He spots me first and makes grabby hands at me. Everyone notices and looks over at me.

"Morning."

"Your plate is fixed, come sit and eat." My mom pats the seat next to her.

Matteo is still making grabby hands at me, I pick him up and sit with him in my lap. My mom huffs at my side, as I dig into my food.

"Here, you can feed him." She pushes his small bowl in front of me.

I grab the spoon, placing it right in front of his mouth, but he closes his mouth, shaking his head, refusing to eat. I try again, but this time I make airplane noises swirling the spoon around his face as he giggles. Finally letting me feed him. I take quick bites in between, trying to make sure he finishes his breakfast. Once we're both done, I notice how quiet the room has gotten. Looking up, I see the entire table staring at me with wide eyes.

"Who would've thought you'd be good with babies." Elena pipes up while I down my glass of water.

"This will be good practice for you." My mom smiles at us.

I choke on my water. Spluttering it everywhere. "Too soon mom." I roll my eyes at her.

She smacks my arm, "I want grandbabies while I can still play with them. Don't deny your mother happiness."

"Matteo is sitting right here." I roll my eyes again.

"And he's the cutest, but I want one from you."

"What about Elena?" I point at my sister across the table.

"No." My dad piped up from the head of the table.

She sticks her tongue out at me.

My dad stands up, "Come on sone, I want to talk to you in my office."

As I stand up with Matteo. My mom stops me, "Wait. You have to give him back, Anna wants to spend time with him before her shift tonight."

I pout and hold him closer to my chest.

My mom chuckles, "He'll be back for dinner with everyone."

I sigh and peck him on his cheek, "I'll see you tonight little man."

I reluctantly gave him to my mom and headed for my dads home office.

8 HOURS LATER

I'm carrying Matteo through the Romanos residence. He refused to leave my side since my mom came back with him 2 hours ago. Walking into the foyer and into the living room where everyone is, I ask the important question, "When did my mother have the time to adopt a woman and her baby?"

Amelia bursts out laughing at my entrance. She reaches her arms out to get Matteo, but he shouts, "No! no" and his grip on my shirt gets tighter.

I laugh and poke him, "Ha! I'm his favorite!"

"He barely knows you!" She argues.

"And he hasn't left my side since I've been home!" I stick my tongue out at her, making everyone in the room laugh.

"So who's the baby?" Nico pipes up next to Amelia.

"His name is Matteo. He belongs to the nurse who saved me, her name is Anna. Long story short, she has no support in Florida. Anthony's mother fell in love with her and the baby, and moved her here so they could be closer. You guys will meet her eventually when she's not working or in school. She also lives in your guy's building." Amelia explains.

Luca is the next to speak, "How old is she? And what's she in school for?"

"She's 22 now. And she's in her nurse practitioner program. She's a genius." She beams.

"Is she single?" I ask curiously.

My sister speaks up next, "She's too good for you."

Offended, "Hey I'm a good guy. Don't you think so, little man?" I look down at Matteo, tickling him, causing him to burst into a fit of giggles.

Dinner is announced and we all make our way into the dining room.

As I'm about to take my seat, my mom reaches over to take Matteo, but he resists her, refusing to leave me. I shrug and sit down, placing him on my right leg, bouncing him. She huffs at me, "You've been home for 1 day and he's already choosing you over me."

I smile down at Matteo, "I'm your favorite, aren't I?" Tickling him again, filling the room with his giggles.