19: THROWBACK

RAIN

The very next day, Por and Sig prepared to escort me back to dad's house. With everything that's going on, according to them that is, staying alone in my apartment won't be safe. They also added that it's better to surround myself with as many people as possible.

Standing in the room where I stayed all this time, I'm still hoping that Phayu would come knocking on the door. I want him to change his mind before it's too late.

"Dream on, Rain." I mumbled, I can't believe I'm actually feeling a sense of self-pity.

In the end, I left the mansion without having a chance to talk to him. I didn't even see him.

..

"Hyung!"

"Oppa! Welcome home!"

The children met me as soon as I got to the gate and a smile automatically masked my depressed state.

Thanks to the children's gleefulness, I temporarily forgot everything that happened. Though dad had that confused look on his face, we never had the chance to actually talk since the children are keeping both of us busy.

The night went rather fast on my first day home. I almost forgot how tiring it is to play with the triplets and Jun. After a quick shower, I stood in front of the mirror as I wiped my hair dry. It's the first time I'm seeing myself and I've really lost some weight. My complexion's also gone pale from staying in the room.

Phayu...

I wonder how he's doing without me. He looked like a total mess when I left the mansion. I hope he's not drinking too much. I hope he gets a decent sleep. I hope he's okay.

"Rain? Can we talk? Did something happen--Rain? Why are you crying?"

Hearing dad's voice got me back to reality and looking at my reflection, I could see those damned tears again. I then felt dad hold me by the arm before making me turn to him, my eyes now looking back at his worried face.

"I-I'm fine..." I almost whispered as I felt a striking pain on my chest, as if a huge needle is pinching through it.

I wanted to wipe my face dry but I can't even raise my hands to do so. Dad looked at me with a concerned expression on his face and I felt myself crying even more.

"I'm fine dad... I--I'm fine... I'm really..." I felt my voice crack and as soon as dad pulled me for a hug until finally, I broke down.

This sucks. I'm getting tired of feeling this shit over and over again. I just wanted to love someone and be loved. Why does it seem to be too much? Am I not even worthy of such? Damn it. I hate it. I hate everything that's happening.

..

The next day, I decided to head to Air Bank to settle everything.

"Rain, what is the meaning of this?" William, the bank manager, asked as I placed the resignation letter on his table.

"I... I'm really sorry but working here just..."

Damn it. I already practiced what to say this morning but I still end up messing up.

"Rain, I know that Jared's made a mess, even I can't believe that he was involved with such. But, you Rain, we need you here even more. Tell you what, since the position's vacant and you have the highest evaluation point, not to mention the people who are recommending you... why don't you take the position, hm? Be the new supervisor."

I can't believe he's actually going this far to make me stay. It's a once in a lifetime chance and jumping from senior teller to supervisor is something one could only dream about.