Micah. Stupid, stupid Micah had no idea what he'd just done.

He had no idea what his confession had done do Elijah, what it had done to me. Because there was no way I could let this slide. If my father ever found out I was hiding this secret for Elijah, there was no telling what he would accuse me of or what he would do to me. He would probably assume I was with Elijah. He'd kill me.

My hands were in fists by my side. Before Micah could say anything else, I turned and threw my fist at the wall, my knuckles splitting and Micah letting out a loud gasp.

I let out an angry, strangled groan before turning to Micah again.

"There's nothing we can do for him, Micah," I said through gritted teeth and stormed away.

I was so angry it was like I was walking with flames in my wake. The team parted for me as I made my way to Elijah. He looked at me with those kind eyes filled with confusion.

Then, he looked behind me and his face filled with horror. Micah chased after me, trying to stop what I was about to do next. Elijah could put two and two together. He knew what Micah had told me.

I grabbed Elijah by the front of the shirt and yanked him toward me before throwing him up against the lockers.

"When were you going to tell us all that you're a faggot?" I hissed. I removed one hand from his shirt and punched him in the stomach. "Huh? Answer me!"

Elijah didn't answer as he hunched over at my blow, gasping a deep breath.

"I think it's fair for everyone in here to know that they play hockey with a fag," I spat. "That they change in front of you, shower with you."

Still, Elijah said nothing. I punched him in the stomach again and he let out a whimper, tears streaming down his face.

"You're disgusting, you should be ashamed," I told him. "After today, when Coach finds out, you'll never step foot in this locker room again."

With that, I shoved him against the lockers one last time before grabbing my stuff and storming out of the room, catching the betrayed look on Micah's face as I left.

I let out a loud curse as I stepped outside, pulling at my hair as I made my way to my car.

Nothing could have prepared me for this.

I threw my things into the car and then got in the driver's seat, pounding on the steering wheel and letting out a strangled yell.

I now had to face my father and convince him I had nothing to do with Elijah Ellis.

*

"You okay, Reilly?" Rojas asked, standing in front of me and pulling me from my thoughts.

I blinked a few times, letting my eyes focus on his face.

Guilt was overwhelming me at that moment. I couldn't forget the way I had treated Elijah. It would haunt me forever, and I knew I deserved whatever Fox threw at me.

I tried my hardest to never think about my past, but there were times like this where memories came rushing back as if they were taunting me and letting me know they would live within my mind forever.