30

Wren Ridley

"So when were you going to tell me you actually got with Landon?"

That was the first thing James said to me when he woke up the next morning. He was barely even coherent, still groggy from sleep and hungover.

I didn't even bother responding to him, and by the time I looked at him, he had already rolled over and started snoring again. I shook my head and directed my attention back to the book I was reading.

It was only eight in the morning. James probably wouldn't be up for another four hours. I found myself wondering when Landon would be awake. And what time his friend was leaving. Who knew what would go on with the two of them alone in his room. I didn't like the thought of it.

I gave it another hour before I got up and got dressed to head to Landon's dorm.

It was strange, feeling like I had to see him, but I didn't question myself. It had nothing to do with the fact that he had some guy in his room, possibly in his bed. Or maybe it did.

The drive to Landon's dorm was a short one, and there was no one walking around the campus as I pulled in, so I knew I'd possibly have to wait a while before someone was leaving Landon's dorm so I could get in the door.

Luckily, I only had to wait a few minutes before a group of girls walked out and held the door open for me and I made my way to Landon's room.

I knocked on his door as soon as I walked up to it, then waited a few moments and knocked again. I could hear Landon curse from behind the door before he ripped it open with a murderous glare.

His glare softened into a look of confusion as soon as he saw me. He stood there, topless, with a hand on the door. I looked past him to see his friend sitting up in Kyle's bed, then I brought my gaze back to Landon and grinned.

I leaned forward and gave him a chaste kiss.

"Good morning," I said as I pulled away.

"What are you doing here?"

"Is it a crime to want to see you?"

He narrowed his eyes at me, clearly not believing in my intentions.

"Well, are you going to let me in?" I asked, looking past him.

He stepped aside, his eyes still narrowed.

"I guess I have no choice," he said, shutting the door after I walked in.

"Good morning," the friend said, getting out of bed.

I nodded at him. "Hello."

"Are you joining us for breakfast?" he asked with a smile, looking over at Landon.

"I suppose I am," I replied.

Landon looked between us and let out a sigh before going to his closet to pull out a shirt.

"I'm going to get ready in the bathroom," the friend said before leaving the room.

"You're being weird," Landon said as soon as he was gone, pulling the shirt on over his head.

"I don't think I'm being any different than usual," I said.

"You're acting like you think there's something going on with Micah and me." That was his name. How biblical.

"I don't think that at all," I told him. However, the look on his face told me he didn't believe me.

"I thought we got all our jealously out last night," Landon said.