7 | Your Turn (Marco)

(Warning: sexy times)

(Also: you might feel annoyed/betrayed with what happens in this chapter, and your feelings are valid, but please also keep in mind that these are two single, consenting adults who have known each other far longer than they've known Ella)

There's a knock on my door, and I'm surprised to see Bella standing there. I don't recall asking her here, and she isn't holding any cleaning supplies or food. She is in uniform, but, surprisingly, I can't see her nipples. She's actually wearing a bra today, apparently.

"Do you like Ella?" she says, closing the door behind her after she enters.

I blink. "What makes you think--"

"You look beautiful covered in blood?" she scoffs. "I can't with you sometimes."

"Alright," I snap. "It was cheesy, but you should've seen her, her big eyes glassy, the red contrasting against her skin and her uniform. It looked like art."

"You haven't answered my question."

"I don't owe you an answer. You work for me."

"Then fire me, dumbass."

We glare at each other from opposite sides of the room. I don't know why she's so interested in this. Is it for Ella's sake, or mine, or her own?

"I think so," I say quietly. "She's intriguing."

"But do you genuinely like her? Do you want a chance to date her and see where it goes, or are you going to sleep with her once and be done with it?"

"Jesus, why are you asking?"

"Because if you like her, then man up and act like it. If you're just horny, don't waste her time."

"Aw, how cute, you're defending her," I drawl. I actually do find it cute, though, and endearing. This girl is stronger than many of the men who boast high-ranks in the family. Bella really should be doing bigger things in life than being a maid.

I shake my head slowly. "I genuinely don't know," I admit.

"Alright." She comes up to me until we're inches apart. "Sleep with me, then. Get it out of your system and then decide if it's lust or interest that has you thinking about Ella."

I blink. "You're being serious? You're offering yourself to me?"

"Yes. I need to know if Ella has a future with you, and Lord knows you need some downtime." She shrugs. "I could use some, too. Luca's out of town."

I lean back. "I can't let you cheat on Luca."

"It's not cheating," she sighs. "Luca and I are fuck buddies and no more. We're okay with sleeping around. You can ask him for confirmation if you want."

I shake my head. There's no need. I believe her, and I can tell Luca doesn't love her in the relationship way. If he did, he wouldn't only talk about how good of a screw she is instead of traits he actually liked about her.

"Okay," I say, and I sidestep her and reach for drawer with the condoms in it. It's been a while since I've needed one, and it bothers me a little that she can tell I haven't had a girl in a while.

"Don't bother," she says. "My tubes are tied, and I'm STD free."

I raise an eyebrow. "Aren't you worried if I have an STD?"

She grins wickedly. "Please. You don't have enough sex to get an STD. Besides, I'm the maid that handles the mail, remember? I've seen your latest reports."