15 | Ninja or Pirates? Doesn't matter Garmadon Wins

Comenzar desde el principio

"Let me guess we cannot take another being life force completely? Or that we have to give as much as we take?"

"Yes, but it goes much deeper than that. Once the jewelry bonds with the owner, the owner will have to follow said rules even if they don't wear it—"

"Okay but does it matter if it's lost?" you ask. You were more than confused.

"I am getting there child. We need to work on your patience." Wu notes as you roll your eyes. "Do you wonder why Luna was forced to follow said rules?" he asks as you shake your head, honestly you didn't care. "Her bracelet, in this case, your necklace, is a sort of contract. A Goddess cannot reject it as its purpose is to contain and limit them. Once the contract is formed one cannot break it, if you were to lose the necklace it would be like saying that you are rejecting the contract even though you already agreed to it."

Wu's words hang in the air, and you feel a knot tightening in your stomach. The weight of the revelation settles heavily upon you, and you realize the gravity of losing the necklace. You sit there, grappling with the realization that losing the necklace means rejecting the contract you unknowingly entered. A wave of unease washes over you as you contemplate the consequences, and you struggle to mask your discomfort from Wu.

"Wu quick question what are the consequences?" you ask as panic sets in.

"I am not sure the only person who knows is Luna but you know where she is now..." Wu replies yet he doesn't finish his sentence as sadness fills his eyes.

Dead, you think.

"But you do know where it is right?"

"Of course I do," you reply as you continue to lie about its whereabouts, Wu's piercing gaze searches your eyes, perhaps sensing the unspoken truth beneath your words.

"Okay then there's nothing to worry about is there now?"

"No none at all Sensei." you smile at him — that smile that tells others that everything is okay and that it will be fine. And Wu just stares at you — and you know what, well rather who, he is thinking about. "Anyway, I promise Nya that I will meet her for a girl's day today so I will see you later." you stood up not waiting for your Sensei to reply.

↫↭↬

"I need to find the necklace..." you mutter as you hug your pink and white rabbit plushie. "Why didn't Wu mention how important that necklace was? I hate this... what will I do? I don't even know the consequences no one does. The only person is my grandmother and she is dead."

"Y/n just relax, it's probably not as bad as you think," Nya replies as she places her book down. "Besides I need to know why you didn't tell the boys that you own this suite. As you pay for it, we could be staying here instead of..."

"I mean this in the kindest of words, that dump?" you finish as Nya nods her head. "Oh I was planning on telling them but then... honestly I just didn't feel like it. Now Nya we have other issues at hand. I need to find the necklace."

Nya raises an eyebrow, curiosity is evident in her expression. "Necklace issues aside, spill it. Why keep the suite ownership a secret?"

"Honestly?" You began. "I know how the boys will react, how Cole especially will react, and I rather avoid that. I'll tell them that I could not stand living in that studio and decide to buy this suite. Which reminds me have you picked a room, yet?"