-67-

Rosalie stood on the other side of the door that lead to Annie's temporary bedroom.

She took a deep breath and knocked on the door, mentally preparing herself for the conversation ahead.

The door opens and Theodor, Annie's husband, smiles at her in greeting.

"Can I talk to Annie?" Rosalie asks.

"Annie, Rosalie's here," he calls back.

"Rosie?" Aria, Annie's five year old daughter, bounds out of the room and into Rosalie's arms.

"Hiya Aria, i've missed you," Rosalie smiles at the small girl fondly.

"Me too, Finnick?" Aria asks with a pout.

From behind her, Annie and Theo look at Rosalie with sympathy.

"No, sorry sweetie," Rosalie's eyes water slightly but she pushes the tears away.

Aria moves her small hands to Rosalie's face, using her fingers to turn the corners of her mouth up into a smile whispering, "smile."

Rosalie breaths a laugh at the small innocent child before standing up from where she'd crouched down on the floor and hands the little girl over to her dad.

Theo takes Aria back inside whilst Annie comes out, closing the door for privacy.

Rosalie slides down the wall and sits on the floor.

Annie laughs at her quietly before taking a seat beside her.

"I know you're probably wondering about my vote," Rosalie starts, taking a deep breath. Annie nods. "You have to believe me, I don't want another Hunger Games. It's not the children's fault."

"Then why'd you vote yes?" Annie asks, confused.

Rosalie sighs, "because I saw this look in Katniss' eyes, like she has a plan. Johanna agrees with me too, and Haymitch. I don't know what's going on exactly, but I trust her. Besides, I had a suspicion that if she didn't get her choice, then she'd find a way eventually."

Annie nods and, after a minute or two, she speaks, "I guess that makes sense. I didn't notice, but I trust that you're right." It's quiet for a moment before she joins their hands together. "How've you been? With everything?"

"I don't know," she sighs, staring at the wall in front of her. "I can't sleep without seeing him when- when he-" she stops herself, unable to say it.

"The mutts?" Annie asks cautiously.

"Yeah, it's like every time I close my eyes, I relive watching it happen. And nothing feels right anymore. Like, i'll be lying in bed and it just feels so lonely, like i'm missing part of myself. And when I do sleep, I have nightmares, and then I wake up thinking it's all a bad dream and that I'll look over and see him lay beside me and he'll sit up and comfort me like he always has. But I wake up to an empty room." She looks down at her hand as Annie rubs her thumb over her knuckles. "I just feel lost, I guess."

"That's normal, you've gotten used to having him there and now all of a sudden he's gone and you're left having to figure out how to live without him again. The same with losing Luba so fast. It's gonna be hard, no doubt, but just don't shut yourself out, okay? Let us, your friends, help because we're here for you. We care." Annie decides to lighten the mood a little, "Johanna said something about you guys moving to District 4?"

"Yeah," Rosalie wipes a tear from her cheek. "Well Finnick always said he wanted to raise our kids by the sea so he could teach them to swim. I still want to do that, it won't be the same but I want my child to know about him, to feel somewhat connected to him. And besides, I never really like my District, with it being so strict, plus I only really have sad memories there. And Finnick always said he loved District 4. Johanna said she's gonna come with me."

"That's good, i'm glad you're coming. It means we can see you more often. Oh! And Aria and your little one can be friends!" Annie smiles.

Rosalie gives her a weak smile back, "yeah, maybe it won't be so bad."

And she was being honest, whilst she knew it would be hard, nearly impossible, to live without Finnick, she knew she would be able to do it and, hopefully, it would become easier over time. Besides, she has a great support system with Annie and Annie's family, as well as Johanna, and of course her unborn baby who she's sure she will love dearly.