-65-

After being knocked to the ground with flames covering her body, Rosalie had fallen unconscious. When she awoke, she had been in a medical room.

There was a nurse she didn't recognise. She asked what had happened and the nurse kindly explained her injuries from the explosion as well as doing some checkups to make sure everything was okay. Rosalie looked at herself to notice that bandages now covered the various cuts and scratches she had receive from the mutts as well as places on her body that must've suffered burns.

However, the nurse didn't stop there. She then went on to explain that she found something else when doing the general checkup.

Rosalie found out two pieces of information that day.

Firstly, Luna Clay had died from the explosions set off. And second...

The nurse had asked, 'do you know you're pregnant?' but the look of shock on Rosalie's face had answered the question.

Part of Rosalie had been happy, ecstatic even, that not only did she have the chance of a family but that she would have a part of Finnick.

And the other part of her, the slightly smaller part, was sad that the child would never have a father. That her poor baby would never meet the amazing man that is, was, Finnick Odair.

She thought about the conversations about their future that the pair have had. Finnick's favourite name choices being Finley for a boy and Rosita for a girl. They had both happily agreed that they wanted to raise their family in District four, by the beach. Finnick would teach them to swim and fish in a world with no threat of the Hunger Games. They would live in his Victor's house, or a tiny beach house, it didn't matter to them.

Rosalie always knew that as long as she had Finnick, she'd be okay. But now she doesn't have Finnick anymore, will she be okay?

Commander Paylor gladly allowed Rosalie to go visit Snow, claiming that she deserves closure.

She walks inside the building that Coriolanus Snow was being kept in. His rose garden. The building structure is made of glass and wood painted white. Inside were his rose bushes, all white flowers. It's ironic really that everything there was white yet everything he touches turns to blood. When she sees him, he even has a white tissue in hand, spots of blood colouring it's petals red.

"I was wondering when you'd come to see me," his voice sent shivers down her spine but she didn't let it show. "I heard about Mr Odair, I'm very sorry about his death, those mutts were not meant for him." He took a moment to cough blood into his tissue. "And Miss Clay too, what a shame, what a waste of a life..." Something about the way he said it made it seem as though it wasn't his fault, he continued when he say her thoughtful expression. "You think that was me? No, no, I was ready to surrender, it was clear I had lost. And then the bombs dropped... you may see me as a murderer but I don't kill for no reason, that you know." And she did know that... as murderous as he is, he always has some sort of reason behind his killings. "Anyways, now your husbands gone, I suppose your Miss May again?"

"No, still Mrs Odair," she tells him.

"Tell me, why did you come?" President Snow wonders. "I'm glad you did, but what did you have in mind?"

"Honestly? I think I just wanted to see you like this: weak, alone, afraid, the threat of death hanging over your head. A little like I was all those years ago," she answers.

"Ah, but isn't that still you? Weak, alone, afraid, possible threat of death. President Coin could choose to get rid of you too. And you are alone now, without your husband, and afraid of what's to come."

"No, I'm not alone." Her hand absentmindedly falls to her stomach.

"I see congratulations are also in order then," Snow says.

"Hmm," she walks up to a bush, staring at the flowers. "Plus, there's still Johanna," she shrugged. She found some satisfaction in seeing his jaw clench a little at the knowledge that he had failed in breaking her. "Sorry to cut this short, but I have a meeting. Bye."

He didn't say anything more as she left, he just watched her go.