Now, you were the head writer for the second season of Wednesday. As the backflash for the first season due to the writing, along with Jenna's criticism and disdain towards the love triangle in place between Tyler, Wednesday, and Xavier. Miles Millar and Alfred Gough would still be working on the show, as writers who'd help you with the structure of the plot whilst you thought of the main ideas and at the same time acknowledging and improving upon what they had done on the first season.

Jenna was now an executive producer on season 2, she developed quite the respect for you for how carefully and passionately you handle the character of Wednesday.

At first, you were just another one of her fans. But she gave you the benefit of the doubt eventually.

You were the first to suggest you'd always have Jenna checking on the script to make sure she sat right with the decisions you were making on the writing. She was playing Wednesday herself, after all.

"I really can't wait to work with that James Majoos, they seem really nice. I loved them on Heartbreak High." You had casted that name as Wednesday's childhood bestfriend, who would then be Jenna's co-star.

"Question. Are you finished? Like, with Enid's story here?" Jenna asked.

"What? Oh. Yeah. I know it seems like she's barely in this season, but that's purely 'cause I want the story to focus on Wednesday going through some stuff whilst being detached to those we uh--usually would love to see keeping her company." You said.

"The next season will start off with them at Nevermore, second semester and all. Fun, weird, antics and everything. It's just Wednesday being Wednesday at school until the big bad comes." You said.

"That's actually very interesting." Jenna said. "Season 3 actually sounds fun."

You nodded. "Yeah, just to remind you that I'm cool with Emma. And everyone else. I just like to --- stretch out what's so compelling about Wednesday before we throw her back into that Nevermore mix." You said.

"Good. I was afraid you were gonna like --- kick out the old cast and replace them with a new one entirely. Just because you're the new head writer?" Jenna smirked.

"Yeah, no. I'd rather add new things while simultaneously locking back onto the starting line." You then stared at her threateningly, "But you know what? I feel like fully rebooting this whole show except for your casting-" You smiled widely, a big tease.

Jenna spat out her salad, slowly shaking her head as she dropped her silverwares on her plate. "No. No. We can't!"

"I'm kidding!" You said.

That night, you were on your laptop working on the script. To make sure things were neatly placed. Fix some holes here and there.

Jenna was on her phone with her mother.

You looked back at her at the kitchen counter, then she looked back at you. Eyes meeting.
You smirked and gave a good chuckle, before turning your attention back to your laptop.

More minutes later.

Quietly, Jenna was sat on the end of her bed. Thinking quite deeply out the window.

You walked in, having completed what you needed to add on the script for that night. A concerned friend.

"You okay?" You said.

Jenna nodded.

Silence would follow. More of it. You sat on the other side of the bed. You didn't want to be too close to Jenna otherwise she'd get the wrong idea. You always set these boundaries for people you know might need them.

"A bit more quiet than usual." You said.
"Doesn't look like it's about all this work."

Jenna sighed. Then turned to you. Her face plain. Just like Wednesday.

Only, she was Jenna.

"Is it about Percy?" You asked.

Her eyes travelled down as she exhaled deeply, then looked out the window again.

"You two still chat?" You said.

"Sometimes." Jenna said.

Right. Xavier Thorpe's actor was caught in a controversy.
Let's just say: troubled past, current character undetermined.

You sighed. "Xavier's still in the script."

Jenna said nothing.

"Should I . . . take him off the grid for now until we get things cleared up?" You said.

Still nothing. The actress, no, she was your friend. She was Jenna. Technically Jenna Ortega, now a known actress especially due to that show.

But now you were atleast glad you were now able to get to know her more as a person. And you weren't gonna go anywhere.

She was quiet, still.

Then all of a sudden, she lowered her head and started sobbing. The room's light was off, so you couldn't see her tears.

"Hey." You said, scooting closer to her.

"I'm just--" Jenna said.

Still not too close, but slightly closer. You sat on the bed.

"Don't worry. I'll shut up and listen. Won't counter." You said.

"I . . . " Jenna said. "I just wish they'd just give him a chance."

"I haven't met Percy in general, let's be honest. But whoever he is. If he's changed, we can get him help." You said.

Jenna, or atleast her silhouette in your perspective, nodded. She wiped her tears.

You thought of hugging her and wiping them yourself. But that would be too close and clingy, and you wanted to let her help herself too. You knew how strong she was, too.

"Don't worry about it." You stood up from her bed and walked out of her room.