Chapter 3.

Lydia Quinn.•*

I'm in my kitchen, eating my breakfast and I can't stop thinking about mine's and Greyson's call yesterday.

I found it sweet that he called me and apologised for the way he was yesterday. Even if he didn't want to, I understand.

I let down the fork and take my plate and glass and move them to the sink. I put my hair in a ponytail and start cleaning the kitchen.

Today is Saturday, so I don't have anything interesting to do. Iris will probably come by later, I haven't heard anything from her yet.

I take my phone as I'm done cleaning, and call her.

"Iris?" She finally picks up, "Yes?" Her voice comes out sleepy through the phone.

"Are you still sleeping?" I ask, and let out a soft laugh.

"Yes. I deserve sleep after the night I experienced."

"Why, what happened?"

"The dude has a fucking girlfriend." She replies and I let out a gasp. "No way."

"Yes way." Iris says and I can imagine her face. "They were literally fighting infront of me, and I was standing there like a idiot."

"I'm sorry." I say softly and she just sighs. "Its okay. I'll come by in like five hours, okay?"

"Yes. See you." I hang up.

I let my phone to the counter, and pick a glass and put some water in it. I drink half the water and just let it on the table.

-

Some hours later, I've just been watching some Tv, and then I hear the doorbell ring and I get up excited as I know that Iris is here.

"Hey," I say as I immediately hug her, she wraps her hands around my waist hugging me back.

She just walks inside and then just lays on my couch, I sit beside her and she sighs.

"I really didn't expect that." I start the conversation and she just laughs sadly. "Yeah. Me neither."

"But its not like I was in love or something, I'm just disappointed that guys like this still exist." She says letting out a loud groan.

"It really is." I say, agreeing with her. She takes my hand, and holds it. "So, do you got anything to eat?" She asks, smiling at me.

I roll my eyes smiling, and get up and go to the kitchen. "Here." I say, going back to the living room throwing softly at her, her favourite chocolates and chips.

"Ah, yes. I love you," She smiles and I laugh. Feeling the nice feelings that Iris makes me feel, when I'm around her. She's just so fun to be around.

We ended up in the couch, eating, and talking about other people. I guess its bad? But it's interesting.

"How did the project with you and Greyson went?" She asks as she eats another piece of the chocolate and looks up at me, "He's complicated. But in a good way?" I reply, confused about what I myself I'm talking about.

"He has those walls around him, that make me want to get to know him more. He's the kind of person that you watch every day and wonder, what they think." I continue, my eyes looking at the floor.

"I don't know. He just seems rude." Iris says, narrowing her eyes.

"He's not rude, though." I reply, telling her what happened yesterday at the party.

"I mean, thats kind of sweet of him, but still. I don't think he's open in the slightest about opening about what's bothering." She says and rests her head in her hand.