Chapter 1.

Lydia Quinn.*

"Ugh." I groan as I hear the alarm of my phone go
off.

I open my eyes and see that I have about thirty minutes till Iris will come over my house to go to college.

I get up and go to the bathroom, I look myself in the mirror and sigh at what I see. Jesus. I stayed up yesterday till like 1am to do the project I had for my class. I was literally working on it for five goddamn hours. If I don't a good grade about it, I will go absolutely insane.

"Are you up?" I see the message in my phone from Iris, while brushing my teeth.

"Yes." I reply and continue washing my teeth. "I'm coming in a few, okay?" She texts, and I just send her an okay message.

I quickly fix my hair, brushing it, and washing my face. I go back to my room again and open my closet. Picking and matching a outfit is really hard. Especially at 8am in the morning.

I decide to wear a pair of baggy pants in the colour of black and a sweatshirt in the colour green. I love the colour green. Green is such a powerful and beautiful colour.

I also wear a pair of earrings of small hooks. I decide to let my hair down today.

I wear black socks and for shoes I decide to wear white sneakers. I look myself at the mirror and damn, I look good. Does this make me a narcissist? Nope. It makes me be a confident person.

I hear my doorbell ring and I quickly go it, "Hey," I say smiling at Iris. "Hi!" She says excited and hugs me. I love her hugs.

"I missed you!" She says as she pulls away from the hug, "You haven't seen me in two days." I say and laugh softly. "Exactly." She says and sits on my couch.

"Are you ready to go?" She asks, "Yeah. Wait, I'll go grab my jacket and my bag and then we'll leave." I reply, and go back to my room.

"Did you do the project?" I decide to ask, "No." She replies and I roll my eyes smiling. "Of course you didn't," I say and she laughs along.

"I was at a party last night," She says and I'm confused at the fact that she looks totally okay after a drinking night, "I met a cute guy there." She continues and I go back to the living room ready to leave.

"Spill the tea." I say and grab her hand to get her up. "I think he likes me." She says and smiles. "Who wouldn't?" I say and kiss her cheek. Iris is just gorgeous. She has beautiful brown eyes, and dark blonde hair. And her personality is even prettier. We've been best friends for at least seven years.

I lock the door of my house and me and Iris start heading towards the university, "So.." She starts and I turn and look at her. "Will you come to the party with me today?" She says in a pleading and quiet voice. "No." I reply and shake my head, "Oh c'mon!" She says and I just smile sadly at her. "I need sleep, plus I don't have time." I reply, "Yes you have time. All you do is homework. Lyds, you need to enjoy life a little."

"True. But still." I say and just nod.

"So?" She says and smiles.

"Still no." I say and smile back.

She rolls her eyes playfully and I laugh at her.

"I'm just kidding, okay? I'll come with you."

"Oh my God, really?" She says in a excited voice.

"Yes." I reply and nod.

"Yes! We'll have so much fun." Iris says and hugs me by my neck.

"Yeah.." I say and feel myself getting excited for something in days, I've been so inside my homework that I have forgotten how to have fun. At least I have Iris to remind me.