A Different Bedtime Routine- Miss Peregrine

Requested by @your-mumxx
_______________________
It was nighttime now in the peculiar household and Miss Peregrine had just finished tucking everyone into bed and kissing them goodnight.

Now it was Alma's turn to get ready for the night, she'd walked to her bedroom just expecting to get her nightdress on and get into bed with her girlfriend Y/n.

But upon entering her room Alma quickly noticed that her girlfriend wasn't sat in bed with a book like she usually was and suddenly a frightening panic consumed Alma and she frantically walked further into the room.

She'd already scanned the entire room and still there was no Y/n but just as Alma was about to call out her name, she noticed the bathroom door slightly ajar and a distorted beam of light filtering through the crack.

Finally, some of Alma's panic began to wash away but before it could all disappear, she walked over to the connecting bathroom and opened the door further and now she was standing in the doorway and gazing in.

Then she saw you bending down by the bathtub and blowing out a match you had used to light the final candle in the room.

Alma just stood there smiling to herself as she saw what you had been up to. Laying around the bathroom were about a dozen candles and each one of them were of Alma's favourite scent, Autumn crisp.

"Oh Birdie!" you exclaimed when you noticed your girlfriend standing in the doorway admiring your handy work.

"Hello Princess," Alma greeted you in a sweet tone as she continued to smile at you. "What's all this?" She then asked you.

"It was supposed to be a surprise, I thought you'd be a little longer with the little ones," you began to explain to your beautiful Ymbryne, who's smile only grew the more you talked.

"All this for me?" Alma then asked you, still getting over her own shock at such a beautiful gesture.

"Well of course, you've been so busy and stressed at the minute, so I thought you might enjoy a bit of pampering." You told her still standing by the bath that was filled with warm water and bubbles.

"Oh darling," Alma's eyes seemed to be filling with tears, happy tears of course. She's tried to keep how stress she'd been at the minute with all the Hollowgaust attacks to herself but she should have known that nothing gets passed you.

"Now, Miss Peregrine if you would be a dear and slip out of your clothes and hop into the bath please." You ordered jokingly as you waited for Alma to strip off her day clothes so she could enjoy your little treat.

Alma quickly did as instructed, she was never one to deny a request of yours, you were the only one who held such power over her.

Soon enough, Alma had discarded her jacket, blouse, corset and skirt and was now sitting pleasantly in the bath, the bubbles doing a brilliant job of covering her completely.

You'd momentarily left the bathroom but soon returned after putting Alma's clothes in the washing basket.

"Aren't you joining me?" Alma asked you confused when she noticed you were still fully clothed and coming to sit next to her by the bath, the candle light illuminating yours and Alma's faces beautifully.

"This is your night Birdie not mine," you explained to her and then your hands began to reach out to her blue raven locks and you began to pull out each of the hairpins that were holding her updo in place.

Soon enough, Alma's beautiful tresses of hair were falling down her shoulders and into the bath water, now this was the part where your peculiarity came in handy.

With a quick wriggling of your index finger you
made a glass jug float across the bathroom, eventually it landed in your hand and you instructed Alma to lean forward so could pour water into her hair.

"You don't have to darling," Alma quickly said to you, catching on to what you were going to do. She felt bad for having you wait on her and it not being the other way round.

"I want to sweetheart, you do so much for me, it's my turn to do something for you," and so you did. You began to wash Alma's hair, making sure to be careful not to pull on it.

Every once in a while you'd find a blue feather hiding in your girlfriend's hair and when you did you couldn't help but laugh and tickle her chin with it and seeing as Alma was terribly ticklish, this had her giggling like a little girl and it was the cutest site and sound in the world.

"There you go," you announced once you'd finished washing and rinsing her blue hair and once you had, you gave her a quick peck on the lips before getting up off the floor and floating a towel over into your arms.

"Thank you Princess," Alma whispered to you whilst getting out of the bath and wrapping the towel around herself. Once she had, she then leaned in and gave you a proper but gentle kiss on the lips.

You then let Alma get herself dried off and changed into her pretty light blue nightgown. Once she'd gotten dressed and towel dried her hair, she then walked back into the bedroom where you were sat kneeling on the edge of the bed.

"Now what are you up to?" Alma asked you as she tucked a semi dry strand of hair behind her ear.

"Come here and sit in front of me," you told her kindly and without questioning it the blue eyed Ymbryne, once again did as she was told.

Once Alma was sat on the little sitting space at the end of the bed, you levitated her hair brush over and with Alma now sitting at a smaller height to you, you began to brush through the pretty blue and black locks.

Enjoying the feel of your soft strokes through her hair, Alma began to hum in enjoyment and pure bliss.

You continued to do her hair and once you'd finished brushing it you began to divide it into three strand and then once you had your three strands, you began to plait them into a braid.

Once your fingers had finished plaiting the hair, you tide it off with a pretty navy blue ribbon and then brought a mirror over so Alma could see your work.

"It's beautiful darling," she whispered to you with her sweet smile that melted your heart each time you saw it.

"You're welcome," you told her pulling her up onto the bed using your peculiarity with one hand and then with the other you used your peculiarity again and had the covers pulled back and cushions positioned just right.

"There we go," you spoke happily as you and Alma were now under the covers of your shared bed.

"Thank you for all this Princess," Alma said to you as she snuggled into you and you did the same to her. Soon you were both cuddled up together and before falling asleep you kissed Alma's forehead and whispered a "goodnight."
__________________
Hey guys, this was a really sweet one-shot to write, thanks for the request. Until next time fellow readers.