"If you need to send me a strongly worded text, you're more then welcome."

"I'm already drafting it," he laughs, which makes me laugh and reassures me that we'll be okay.

-

JAMIE
A WEEK LATER

My flight landed an hour ago and Kendall's flight should land any minute now. I'm sitting at the Starbucks in the Minneapolis airport waiting for her.

The teasing from the team has only gotten worse over the last couple of weeks.

They asked what I was doing for our three day break and I told them I was going to Minnesota early. They had a field day with that. I've given in to telling them that there is a girl but now they all just wanna know who. They're even taking bets on who it is. But so far, none of them have guessed it right.

A few minutes later my phone buzzes with a text from Kendall:

just landed, where are you?

I tell her where I am and ask if she wants anything before I go meet up with her. Which of course she does, an iced caramel latte.

I get her drink and start towards where she said she was coming from.

"Ken!" I call her name when I see her start to turn the corner. She's carrying a pastel orange duffle bag, wearing legging and an oversized t-shirt. Her blonde hair is pulled back into a pony tail.

She turns and smiles when she sees me, making her way towards me.

"Hi," she's still smiling as I hand her her drink. She glances at the cup and back up at me, "Thank you."

I want to hug her, kiss her, anything but I know I shouldn't. We still have to be careful.

"C'mon," she sounds just as eager as I feel as we quickly head outside to get a taxi to the apartment I booked.

"This is cute!" Kendall says as she walks into the AirBnB I rented. It's got large windows in the living room, kitchen area. And since we're about fourteen floors up you can see most of the city around us.

Kendall drops her bag near the door to the bed room and walks over to the window.

I walk up behind her, wrapping my arms around her shoulders, pulling her back to my chest.

"Have you been here before?" I ask.

"Yeah, Trev and I came to one of Boldy's playoff games last year. We were only here for a couple days but it was fun," she smiles still looking out at the city. The sun is bouncing off the buildings, it's the middle of the day so it's right above us, lighting everything up.

"Are you friends with all your brother's friends?" I tease.

"Yes," she rests her head back on my shoulder so I'm able to see her face, she smirks, "Jealous?"

"No," I look down at her.

Okay maybe I'm a bit jealous, because I'll put money on it they all had plans to try and get at her.

"I think you are," her hands reach up and find my arms, her nails slowly sliding up my arms.

"And if I was?" I raise a brow.

"I'd tell you there's nothing to be jealous of, they're all like brothers to me."

"Even Hughes?" I say it before I can even think about what I'm saying.

She closes her eyes taking a deep breath, "No."

Knew it.

"But I promise, " she twists around in my arms so we're face to face, "I have zero feelings for Jack. It was a one time thing. My brother doesn't know about it, no one knows. Not even Mal."

Well shit.

"They don't matter," she pushes up on her tip toes and kisses me. Her lips are still ghosting over mine when she pulls away, "I promise," she kisses me again.

I groan into her mouth as her hands pull me closer. She smirks into the kiss as my hands hold her hips, lifting her into my arms breaking the kiss.

Kendall pulls away, looking down at me, "We've got no plans right?"

"None," I smile as my lips meet her's again as I slowly back us both towards the couch. Her fingers slide into my hair as I lay her on the couch. 

I slowly trail my lips across her jawline and down her neck. Her legs tighten around me, keeping me close to her.

I missed this. I missed everything about her. The way she smells sweet like sugar, and the way she clings to me every time we kiss.

I slide one of my hands up to her breast, feeling it over her t-shirt as my teeth graze the skin of her neck. A small gasp leaves her lips.

Fuck.

I need to be careful and take my time. I can't scare her away. I have to go slow.

"Jamie," she says it like she has something to say but I don't let her say it. I capture her mouth with mine again and she moans, lifting her hips to meet mine.

Kendall breaks the kiss, her hands holding my face. Her eyes are on my lips through, her thumb slides across my bottom lip. She's obviously lost in her own thoughts.

She slowly looks up at me, our eyes meeting as she speaks softly, "I don't wanna rush into this. I want it to be special."

"There's no rush on anything," I say starting to sit up, her hands slowly leaving my skin.

"Stay," she reaches for me and I slide back down next her so we're laying face to face.

"Sorry," she says, her voice is still soft and quiet.

"You don't need to be sorry, I don't want to rush things either," I put my hand on her cheek, kissing her forehead.

She slowly closes her eyes, a small smile on her lips as I kiss her cheek.

"I'm just happy you came," I admit.

Her eyes shoot open, "Did you think I wouldn't?"

"I never know with you Zegras's," I smile, teasing her.

"Oh shut up," she laughs, playfully hitting my chest.

I laugh as I wrap my arms around her, pulling her as close to me as I can.

"Nap time?"

"Please," she hums as her nails slide across my back.