Chapter Twenty-Four: Stagnant Fairyland

I take a sudden breath as I leap forward with a start. Heart pounding and probably sweating buckets. I look around. I don't remember falling asleep. I take another breath, my lungs not exactly cooperating as my heart wanna leaps from my chest. I put a hand to it, trying to understand what exactly is going on.

Looking around, I see a wide window and Oz sitting at the front of a massive panel, like I was in a scene from a sci-fi space fantasy.

...wait. Oz...Hollow Kite. I'm on the Hollow Kite.

Another pair of arms wrapped around me, moving to pull me back into the chair. I looked back and X, groggily pulling me back into his arms like a child who lost their teddy bear. I'm the teddy bear. On instinct, I lean back, trying to relax back into him. This can't be comfortable for him...but my thoughts jumped to the fact that I had managed to make Oz take me somewhere.

I'm more surprised that Oz didn't argue about taking me, in fact, he just clicked a button and the engines started. Leaving everyone behind.

"I'm surprised you woke up." Oz's voice made me jump but with the X seat belt locked over my entire frame, it was a very short ascent.

"I don't remember falling asleep," I offer back.

"Mate, I don't think you've ever fallen asleep since you've been here, it's always a loss of consciousness. You're worse than most damsels that faint at the sight of a puddle of blood."

I'm more likely the cause of the puddle of blood, hence the losing consciousness cos apparently my body has this need to stay alive, despite the external conditions. Hah, I want to laugh at the absurdity. I'm a monster and I have yet to find the tolerance limit for living. Worse, I keep accidentally putting myself in the conditions to test these so called limits and still manage to walk it off.

Looking down, I place my hands on top of X's. At least he likes me; tantrums, black goo and all.

"I haven't had this many angry voice messages. Even when It's because of Seth. Congrats, you are more of a disturbance than my brother."

"I'll tick that off the bucket list," I mutter back before I could stop myself.

"And snippy."

"Speaking of your brother...how is he?"

"Still asleep. Thank Christ. I don't need his annoying voice added to the mix. I get enough from the tiger."

I look down and see Lady fast asleep in her usual legs in the air pose.

"...Mate, I wanna address the big elephant-shaped question. Was it you wanna do when you get there?"

I look at him and the zooming landscape. I honestly have no idea what I am supposed to do. Just...walk in through the front door and boom, I have a Tower person.

"Well ye have ten minutes to decide kiddo."

I really don't have a plan. Except wing it.

As Oz wasn't telling a lie, I could see the familiar, yet so echoed distant gold and white Tower coming into view as he had suddenly reduced speed and descended. The feeling always made my stomach drop, like it did in an elevator. He hovers the Kite in a slow circle around the Tower, giving us a clear three-sixty-degree view of the entire thing that looks like it belonged in something like Card Captor Sakura...The golden details in wing and floral design, all around a large central spire, protected by a pair of large folded golden wings. I'm guessing that's where Bellasera -the Bellasera- would be. Inside the crystal egg that was in the centre of the wings and the Tower itself.