Chapter Sixteen: Sandcastle to the Wind

A/N: Hey, so the usual apologies for inconsistencies etc

But this chapter was so god damn hard to write...am I happy? No. But I want to stop looking at it and move on

Anyways, enjoy

--------

Chapter Sixteen: Sandcastle to the Wind

I stagger to my feet, feeling a pull; I need to see what's going on. I need to see what's outside. The closest place was the helipad. Even with X's hovering and everyone protesting behind me, I struggle for the far side of the hallway which I haven't seen since the last time I was forced onto the Hollow Kite and the hellscape it lead me to.

I manage to force the heavy, reinforced door open and the wind immediate picks up, sucking out the cool, controlled air and replacing it with the sticky, chocking smog that I forget exists outside of the prison Siem had going on.

At first nothing looks different, almost as if what just happened fifty seconds ago was all just a hallucination but then another odd pulse resonates out like a forceful wall of air, almost pushing us back like a wave but then a crash of opposing air rushes from behind, knocking us forward. But my eyes fixate on the lake. Even though it was mostly obscured by the buildings, I could still clearly see the freakishly calm water and something massive was about to breach its surface.

Another rumble of that deep alien roar sounds out as I cover my ears and something stands up in the water. The shrilling noise gets louder as these misshaped rock chunks that are plonked on top of one another in a general shape of a play-doh man (but stone edition) just stands up like they just got out of bed.

Sprite.

Ok, what part of 'colossal rock giant' looks anything like a fairy? But I figured since they're basically a raw element infused with Miasma, it's basically a pissed off elemental spirit. Water cascades down in body as it rises so high up that it was eye lined with most of the skyscrapers, even while standing in the lake that basically looked like a slightly off-coloured ankle-deep pond. I wouldn't be surprised if it's head scrapes the fence's orb. It didn't but you get my point.

A low whistle beside me, makes me jump, "Don't see that every day," Of course it was Seth. "How the hell did it get in?"

"The same way the Queens have risen in Bolin, lately. Someone is opening up the back door." Siem responds back.

I take in a breath as the giant rock snowman (boulder edition), starts moving its head and peers at the Tower. "That's...not good," I say as it seems to be focusing on the unreflective black crystal.

"It hears the song." X's voices as the thing opens its mouth, letting out a screech that was so fucking unnatural that I wanted to cut my ears off. I also expected to see glass breaking but instead everything shatters and every single alarm goes off in the city. Along with every fucking dog.

Ok, now that my curiosity is sated and "Dream Eater" has already done it's weird thing.... I can go back inside now, right? Go back to bed? That slab of steel seems very comfortable right now...

I hear something like jet engines rocketing across the sky and a Seth going, "Oh fuck, here comes bad news,"

"Yue's intervening too quickly," Seim growls.

"Everyone's panicking, what do you expect? She can't sit back and watch as her city go up in flames," the retort comes from Hanna, who was moving to go back inside.

"Squished by a rock, more like it," Seth clicks his tongue.

"Potato, Po-tah-to."

"No mist..." I observe, it's rare to have something this large appear...