𝐗: 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓 𝐀𝐃𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐑

——— SECRET ADMIRER ———

❝   whenever I say My Lady, it's because you're my lady

whenever I say My Lady, it's because you're my lady. you remember that

——— ARM IN ARM, Kaarina walked with Thor, enjoying the lovely day out. Walking ahead of them, was Triston, happily running towards a deck. And besides the Lady, walked a content Sigrid.

A couple feet behind them, walked a smiling Queen Frigga and a dulled expression Prince Loki. But they suddenly stopped when Kaarina and Thor did, talking to each other as they kept an eye on Triston.

After sighing, Loki turned to his mother, "How could you invite Kaarina's parents to dinner?" he asked and Frigga turned to her son in slight surprise, "She hasn't seen them in five years. Is that any indicator she may not want to be around them?"

"Nonsense, Kaarina's parents simply want to see their daughters—"

"And they couldn't have seen them in the five years we were away?" Loki asked, turning forward again, "Honestly, Mother, you see the good in the absolute wrong people."

Frigga was silent a moment, staring at her younger son in slight concern, "Is there something I should know, Loki?" she asked and when he turned to her again, she raised her brows.

Loki was hesitant to say anything at all but answered, "No."

He turned away from her again, looking at Kaarina up ahead while Frigga narrowed her eyes at her son, "Loki, ever since you've returned, you've been very antsy," she said.

"I don't know what you mean—"

"Is it the wedding?"

"What?"

"I thought this was what you wanted," Frigga said, "You're the one who picked Kaarina out for Thor. You're the one who arranged this entire engagement—"

"An engagement, that Kaarina still doesn't know is an arranged marriage so please keep your voice down, mother," Loki quietly said, his eyes glued to Kaarina smiling. And he was willing to do anything to keep her that way, "And if Lady Kaarina were to find out, she would..."

"Be very angry with us for lying to her for so long," Frigga added in and Loki nodded, "Perhaps would even want to call off the wedding."

"Which she can't—"

"I do wonder if you might secretly be delighted if that were to happen," Frigga said, causing Loki to instantly look at her from Kaarina.

"Why would you say that?" he asked.

But even when she gave him a knowing look, Loki still pretended to not know what she was talking about, "They are betrothed," she told him, "Ever since you chose her out for him, they've been as good as wed. So far, the two have gotten along very well. That is essential for a marriage. If a Queen and King don't get along in their marriage, the nine realms could suffer."