He kissed my cheek.

"And beautiful?"

He kissed the bridge of my nose.

"And stunning? Incredible? Very hot? And amazing?"

In between each word, he peppered my face with kisses.

"Stop, stop!" I laughed, pushing him away.

"Don't be like that. You love me," He grinned.

"Yeah. You're right," I relented.

Falling backwards onto his back, he wrapped his arms around my waist and took me with him.

"What are you going to do after this?" He asked.

"After what?"

"After high school. What do you want to do?"

"Well," I took a breath. "I'll probably go to college somewhere. I'll come back and settle down in Uranium City once again and hopefully become Mrs. Bachinski, the new Saint Cassian Choral Director. I'm kind of counting on Father Marcus to retire by then."

"Hmm. I like the Mrs. Bachinski part. Y/n Bachinski. Sounds very good. You would know that, of course."

I furrowed my brows. "What?"

"I should not have said that," A nervous smile plastered his face.

"Mischa, what do you mean?"

"One time while I was in your room, you went to the bathroom and I found your journal. There was a page and it said 'Y/n Bachinski' all over it in different writing."

My face flushed. "Oh."

"Do not worry. I thought it was very sweet."

"That's all you read though, right?"

He looked away.

"Right?" I urged, a bit apprehensive.

"Well, I might have gone back to the pages you wrote before you were my girlfriend and read about your massive crush on me. It was adorable, though," He assured me.

I covered my face with my hands. "That is so embarrassing."

"No, no! Not embarrassing!" He laughed.

"Not to change the subject, but what are your plans after high school?"

"I do not really know. I have heard talks of the plutonium plant being handed to me. I actually would not mind that. I would already have a job and I could give you a wonderful life. One you deserve, future Mrs. Bachinski."

I smiled at that boy. I didn't know I could love someone so much.

"Imagine that. You'll be rich, huh?"

He shrugged. "Probably. And I would not even have to worry about my criminal record getting in the way."

"Your what?"

"Criminal record," He said casually.

"You actually have a criminal record?" I shook my head.

"Yes. I thought you knew that. I stole communion wine. That's why I'm in the choir in the first place. I'm glad that I stole it. In a way, it was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I would not have met you without stealing communion wine."

I was still baffled. "I was not aware."

"Oh, well. I hope it changes nothing," He stood up and stretched. "Speaking of which, I will be right back. I am going to go get something."

He left, and I was still trying to process what he just said. Ocean was right. I mean, I didn't care, but I was mostly mad that Ocean was actually right. I hate it when that happens.

He came back in, holding a whole bottle of wine in his hand.

"Mischa, I love you, but what the hell?"

"Wine," He said, sitting down next to me.

"Where did you get that from?" I asked, almost scared for the answer.

"From store, of course."

"You didn't get carded?"

He appeared momentarily confused. "What? No. I took it. I did not pay. Or get caught. I put it under my bed."

Mischa looked very proud of himself.

"That's illegal!"

"Not if I did not get caught. Do you want some?"

"No, no. I can't believe you drink this shit, Bachinski," I joked.

He shrugged. "More for me."

With that, he removed the cork and drank directly from the bottle.

"Is this... normal?"

"In my country, yes. Here? Probably not."

"Okay, then. Have fun?"

"I am very much having fun. Like party."

We talked for a little while longer, and the longer we talked, the more tired he got. He eventually fell asleep, so I couldn't really do anything about it. He was a very heavy sleeper, and from the amount he just drank, I doubted that would change much. I wondered if I should wait until he does get up, but I decided against it and just decided to go into my bed while he was practically dead asleep. I nearly forgot Laura and I shared a room until she came upstairs. I threw a blanket over Mischa and pretended to be asleep. The lights were out, so it was hard for her to see me, but the giant lump next to me wasn't exactly inconspicuous.

"Y/n? What's underneath the blanket next to you? Do I even want to know?" She asked, yawning.

I slowly opened my eyes, acting as if I'd just been woken up. "Oh, this?"

I patted Mischa on what I presumed was his shoulder. "That's a big pile of my clothes. They were, like, all over the floor, you know? I didn't feel like putting them back in my suitcase so I put them on my bed."

I released a breath.

"Oh. Alright. Well, goodnight."

"Goodnight, Laura. You're the best."

"Thank you?"

I turned over and closed my eyes.

...

a/n: two chapters in a week? for real? the grind does not stop, even on spring break!

charity project // mischa bachinski (ride the cyclone)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें