"I gotta get rid of those guys as soon as possible so I can increase my chances of survival in this world," he said with a glint of red in his eyes. "Heh, I'm fucking ready to beat up those bitches."

----------------

Metal screeched through the hall as a man wielding a silver rapier swooped in and blocked the beastkin's attack, causing her to be thrown back a couple of feet. The victim, who was covering his eyes out of fear, suddenly felt a pinch on his cheek from his savior.

"Hey, you okay?" The man asked. "Get up and run! Call the Imperial Guard to assist us!"

Without a second though, he stood up from the ground and ran towards the stairs to the exit of the building, passing by countless bodies of soldiers and workers killed by the beastkin.

"Alright, now he's out of the way, let's get started shall we?" The man aimed his rapier at the girl. "The name's Fritz by the way."

Pissed, Eliss rushed towards the man with her blades ready to slice him up. She then threw the blades at the man, who then proceeded to dodge the attacks. He backed away a couple of feet and then thrusted himself towards the girl with the rapier aimed at her head. 

In a split-second, Eliss narrowly avoids the strike on her head by swerving her upper body to the left. Without a second thought, she now took this advantage and proceeded to counter attack the man by slicing his arm that was still in place from the attack. When she raised her right-arm blade to slice his arm though, the man raised his arm also, barely avoiding the strike. He backed away from the place and analyzed the situation.

'She's fast,'  he thought. 'I was sure that I pierced her head with my weapon.'

'Did I become a bit rusty?'  Fritz made a stance and prepared to defend. 'Judging by her appearance, she's probably out for revenge, so she'll be in a bit of a blind rage against me.'

'I'll use that to my advantage--'  He was suddenly cut off from his thoughts by the girl rushing in to attack. He proceeded to dodge all of the swings directed at him and went behind her. 'Now!'  he thought, charging up his attack and piercing her neck from behind.

"Looks like your rampage ends here," he said to Eliss as she was kicked to the ground, falling face first into the carpet floor. To his surprise, the strike that was normally supposed to kill a person, didn't do much against her. She stood back up in mere moments after she was brought down and looked back at him.

"You're surprisingly resilient," he commented. "I guess it's going to take time to bring you down."

Fritz made a stance again, preparing to defend. "Come at me!" He yelled.

Eliss now crossed her arm blades and rushed towards him. She slashed the blade at him to strike, but he avoids this by leaping back a couple of feet. This went on for a couple more seconds until he went in for a strike. He thrusted his rapier at Eliss's body and pierced her chest, striking her heart. She swerved her blades at the man who had his weapon pinned. He backed away, losing his weapon that was stuck on her chest. Eliss grabbed the rapier and took it off without feeling a single ounce of pain. She threw the weapon behind her then rushed towards the man with eyes of bloodlust.

"This is going to be a problem," he muttered, standing his ground. Preparing to take her on bare handed, a gunshot suddenly ringed out behind Eliss, causing her to be hit with a bullet on the back. She looked behind her and saw multiple men aiming their rifles at her.

"Check for friendly fire!" One of the men exclaimed at the others. Fritz took cover behind the walls and braced for the rain of bullets. Seeing that the area was clear, the men pulled their triggers and fired at Eliss. Bullets rained down on her as she took on the force of countless bullets hitting and piercing her body. When the barrage ended, she layed on her knees, weakened.

Fritz emerged from the other side and stood behind Eliss. "Looks like your rampare really ends here," he said to her. 

When he slowly approached her to grab her arms to detain her, she suddenly stood up, knocking the man away. The men hastily reloaded their rifles, but some pulled out their sidearms and began to fire at Eliss. She rushed towards the nearest window and bursted out of the mansion, dropping down onto the garden below. Fritz ran towards the broken window and looked for Eliss, who was now in the distance, far out of range.

"Get the commander of your unit, now!" Fritz cried out to the men, who hastily followed his orders and went downstairs to the exit. "We need all the help we can get here!"

He looked over to the horizon, trying to track her down, but he already lost her.

"Damn it!" He kicked the ground in frustration. He now went back inside and grabbed his rapier and slid it back into his scabbard.

----------------

Eliss hid behind a tree at the nearby grove, weakened. She looked around her, hoping to find anything that could regain her energy. Suddenly, she saw a horned deer eating the local vegetation. The deer looked at her and instantly ran away. She rushed towards the running animal, catching up to it easily, and slashed her arm blades at it, causing it to roll on the ground, bleeding out. She slowly walked towards her prey and retracted her arm blades back into her skin. She dropped down on her knees and began to tear the skin out of the deer. "C-Consume," she muttered while eating the skin. 

Suddenly, flesh now erupted from her skin and began to envelop the entire deer in an instant. She backed away, confused and shocked. The deer was suddenly dragged into her body and was crushed to bits. She looked down on her torso and saw the deer getting consumed by her body. After a few seconds, her prey was entirely gone, and she was now feeling a little bit better.

"W-What is this?" She exclaimed. "What happened?!"

...

A voice suddenly echoed behind her. "Fascinating, right? It's one of your abilities."

"Consume, a power that allows you to eat your enemies to regain your lost strength and health," he explained. "The power to feed yourself the lifeforce of others, this is what you hoped for right?"

"Power?"

Eliss stood in silence. She looked at her hands and began to think about her new abilities. She looked at the man with shocked eyes.

There was a brief pause of silence, until the man spoke.

"Blacklight."

"Feel Blacklight."

"Contemplate Blacklight."

"Accept Blacklight."

"Know Blacklight."

"The one who acknowledges power will be gifted salvation!"

"True happiness! Their desires be granted by the mercy of the gods from above!"

"Let yourself become famous among every single one in this world!"

"Let everyone know about you."

"Let everyone know."

There was a brief pause of silence after. 

Eliss stood there, thinking about what the man said. 

"Let... everyone know?" She questioned.

There was a brief pause of silence yet again. The man raised both of his arms and spoke,

"This world shall know Blacklight."

...

...

...

...