Chapter 45: Preparation

Începe de la început

The elevator door opened, and the two stepped out to a partly cloudy sky. Tooru heard the distant sounds of media and onlookers from below. She recalled entering last time was difficult considering it was nearly the entire class. It drew too much attention. This time, however, regardless of her quirk, being escorted in was without incident.

Yagi approached the railing and leaned into it as he looked back at his student. "I understand if you hate me, but this is all I can do to help him at this time."

"I don't hate you. I'm glad you decided to help him with this. The worst-case scenario is him going out alone." Hagakure then walked to the man's left side and looked down at the chaos below. Police were keeping all the citizens at bay as they demanded answers to what was going on and how it was going to be dealt with. Endeavor and Hawk's presence at the hospital was genuinely making this situation difficult.

"I agree. However, I'm afraid you coming along would only hinder our objective. I cannot deny your skills could be of use to us, but I fear for your safety much more than Midoriya-san."

"To make sure he doesn't break. Mentally or emotionally. I'll be more than happy to help with whatever operations you need me to do, but my main job is going to be him."

All Might brought a hand to his chin. "Hmm, something I am probably unfit to provide." He then shook his head, "Even if you are right, I again can't guarantee you'll be safe out there, Hagakure-chan. The boy would never forgive me if something happened to you. I would never forgive myself either."

"That's why I want one other person to come with us. To make sure you and I can be secure out there."

This statement interested the retired hero. He leaned in as he asked, "Who?"

Izuku nearly fell out of his bed as he yelled, "You agreed!?"

All Might pulled at the collar of his shirt as he stated, "She can be very convincing."

"You shouldn't shout in a hospital, Izuku," Tooru stated with crossed arms.

Before the boy could argue more, his mentor stated, "She'll be a vital asset for your goal Midoriya-san. Now I need to visit with the other pro heroes to go over our plan." He then turned to Hagakure. "I'll be back to pick you up in a few hours to ride home. Use this time to discuss anything you need to before we leave for good."

Hagakure asked, "Um, and when is that exactly?"

Yagi opened the door and didn't look back as he answered, "Midoriya-san and Bakugo-san are scheduled to be released tomorrow. We'll depart from U.A. early in the morning the day after. So use your time wisely." With that said, he left.

A few moments passed before Midoriya sighed. "This complicates things."

"Sounds like you have accepted me going already."

"Well, you have sensei convinced, not like I can do anything now," Izuku stated as he looked towards the windows.

Tooru walked over to block his view. "What's wrong with me being as stubborn as you?"

Izuku held up his hands defensively as he answered, "Nothing, it's just..." The boy rubbed his temple as he said, "Things turned out a lot different than I thought."

The girl sat down in the seat All Might previously was in. "Did you really think I would be okay with this?"

"Of course not. I expected you to fight this tooth and nail, but I figured All Might-sensei would be able to convince you otherwise."