Chapter 4

Zhang Hao's POV

"Hyung, repeat it just once more, please!" Hanbin was practically pleading for me to repeat whatever I called him in Mandarin again. I'll be honest, after calling him xiao shagua, I felt a little embarrassed.

I don't know what had gotten into me for me to call him that. Shagua was an endearing nickname that close family members or lovers gave to each other, I had just added xiao at the front because Hanbin was younger than me and ever so slightly shorter. If Hanbin finds out what it actually means, it might turn out to be really awkward if he ends up not taking it well.

We reached his room and I let go of his hand and made myself comfortable on the floor, putting the food down while Hanbin closed the door.

"Let's eat," I said as I patted the space next to mine, indicating for him to take a seat. "Alright, fine, hyung. I won't bother you on that topic any longer then. I'll bring you something to drink from the common room, what does hyung want?"

I was glad that he left it alone for now because Imtend to be weak to peer pressure of any sort or any degree whenever I'm feeling a little unwell. "Mm, thanks, just some warm water will do," I said as he gazed at me for a few seconds before he smiled and left the room shaking his head.

I tilted my head, a little confused by his actions, but deciding to ignore it, I looked around the room. It seemed like Hanbin's bed was a lower bunk bed and Gyuvin's was the top bunk above Hanbin's. Gunwook's name tag was on lower bunk of the other bunk bed and above his was Junhyeon's.

The room was fairly clean but there were a few suitcases slightly open, with clothes and other things still inside. "Ah, it seems like I'm intentionally snooping around," I muttered to myself. It surprised me that even when I'm alone, I was talking in Korean.

I did strictly force myself to speak in Korean whenever I was around K group trainees and in front of the camera. To Koreans, nothing impresses them more than a foreigner being able to talk well in Korean and/ making an effort to learn.

Just like Miyazaki Miho, a graduated member of AKB48, participant of Produce 48, who gained attention for being really good in Korean, earning her the votes from people who loved the effort she put in, which shot her rank up to 1 in just one episode.

Many people speculate it may have been a case of rigged ranks to show the fans and audience a sense of plot twist or shock, but it doesn't change the fact that her popularity did rise in Korea after she got that spotlight. She was someone vocally talented and someone with good idol mannerisms.

My thoughts of all the past survival show series was interrupted when I heard the door open. Assuming it was Hanbin, I opened the food container and looked at the person at the door.

"Ah..."

"Oh? Hao hyung?" It was Junhyeon, along with a few other K group trainees. Since I had talked with most of the G group trainees, I assumed they were K group trainees as I couldn't recognize them.

"Junhyeon-ie?" I said and smiled at the other trainees. "Annyeonghaseyo." The other two reflected the greeting back and Junhyeon asked, "Hyung, were you waiting for someone? I'll help you find or call for them if you want?"

The three of them entered the room and sat on the beds or the floor. I shook my head, "It's fine, I came here with Hanbin-ie to eat. He went to the common room to get us a drink."

Junhyeon nodded with understanding and a moment later, took the initiative to introduce me to his friends. "Hyung, this is Mun Junghyun and Kim Taerae hyung and guys, this is Zhang Hao hyung."