Chapter 1

Zhang Hao sighed as he looked at his fellow trainees from Yuehua with a slight smile.

He was deep in thoughts, thinking how this show was a huge opportunity for him to become a kpop idol; how nobody would ever refute to him being on stage again and how his hard work of the past few years would pay off.

But more than anything, he was ecstatic of the fact that he'll be on an actual stage again! Performing in front of people was a joy of life to Hao and he could bet on his life, there was nothing more he'd love to do more.

Currently waiting to be called upon to enter the filming room for the first performance of the show, he couldn't couldn't help but prepare to brace for the challenges to come in the show for the next few months.

To not take things for granted and to steel his mind, this was Hao's principle upon deciding to participate in the show.

The other Yuehua trainees next to him were also seen to be nervous and anxious, some excited, happy to be there nonetheless. And it seems that the nerves of Ollie, who was standing next to him was slowly starting to affect him too, as the minutes pass by.

Hao was fairly confident and with his current set of skills, he knew he was good and good enough. But would that mean he'd be arrogant about it or say it out loud? Not really, his humble self wouldn't allow him to. But he wasn't timid or unconfident either.

Hence, it surprised him that he was started to feel anxious about himself.

He wordlessly gave Ollie's shoulder a strong pat and noticed how stiff his younger friend was. Ollie turned his attention to the older guy with an extremely stiff facial expression.

Before Hao could say any words of encouragement or reassurance to Ollie, a staff had come over to tell them to follow them to the filming room. The conversations between the other trainees were ceased at once and the atmosphere among the group of eight turned slightly tense and electrified with nerves.

"Ah, alright. Thank you for informing us," Zhang Hao decided to quickly break the silence. He looked towards his friends with a calm smile that he barely managed, "Guys, let's go. We'll all be greatly today, I just know it."

Upon receiving some nods and nervous smiles as a response, they all followed the staff member towards the backstage of the filming room before the staff started explaining what will be happening next.

"The G team and K team will be separated and be going through separated entrances. Before that you'll enter a room where there's a transparent box filled with small transparent spheres. Inside that, are stickers," the staff had then proceeded to explain the self grading process and all.

The staff member was talking so fast that Hao was thankful he was at least able to process the important parts.

They entered the room and decided to grade themselves by sticking the star stickers. Of course, all of them had chosen 4 stars/ all star.

As Hao was sticking the stickers onto his name plate, he thought things to strengthen his mind and encourage himself.

Zhang Hao, this is your chance to shine. If you debut, it's a straight highway to success. Remember to do your absolute best and not have regrets.

"...Regrets," he muttered to himself, finding his mood turning slightly sour. Thankfully, he was interrupted by Ricky, who put a hand on his shoulder, signaling him to head into the filming room.

Hao nodded, "Guys, let's do our best, we'll be great, we practiced so much after all and I know how skilled you three are."

"Don't worry Hao ge, we'll do our best, I just have a good feeling today," Ricky said with a confident nod. Brian and Ollie agreed with smiles. Hao returned a small smile of his own as they headed towards the room.