Ten

"Just in time."

You watch as the blonde man stood in front of the foot of your bed, his jewel blue eyes stared down at your weak body before it darted towards the now agitated red head. What was going on with Felix? It wasn't that that reason wasn't obvious, it's just that he's extra fuzzy today.

Claude on the other hand still looks the same, cold eyes, cold figure. Everything was cold, but why was he here in the first place? Didn't he just told you off? This man really, who does he think he is?

"His Majesty" you finally called him out, his eyes went back to look at you with a tint of curiosity in them. This was the first time that he was slightly interested in listening to your words.

"I am confused as to why you are here."

The blonde man was silent for another minute, not because he was caught off guard at the question. But because he was amused by it, his jewel blue orbs watch in interest while you frowned at his reaction. Slightly impatient at it.

"Can I not visit my soon to be wife?" he ask with a brow raised.

If it were another girl they would have been blushing and swooning over his words, thinking about how lucky they are after being addressed like that by Claude. But of course, you weren't another girl. Which was why there was a scowl on your face, you were deeply upset at what he was trying to do.

"I wish to be left alone with Claude for a moment" you told Felix, your tone had a bit of annoyance which wasn't for him of course.

But for his master.

The red head knight hesitantly left the both of you inside the room but not without formally excusing himself, now that it was only you and Claude. Your eyes narrowed even more and scoffed at the blonde male in front of you.

"What is it that you want from me?" you asked him quickly as your patience grew thin, "Did you not express your discomfort about me before I went missing? Now that I'm back, what are you going to say?"

Claude stood there for a moment without answering your question which made it so irritating to be with him in the same room, you were mad of course. You felt like it, being able to piss him off right here right now didn't matter to you anymore. The perfection face broke down the moment you were out of the woods that time, you had enough of everyone trying to bring you down.

You wouldn't let anyone touch your walls anymore, you'll never please anyone. Not even Claude.

"Are you not glad that I saved you in that cold night?"

His soft voice had you speechless for a while.

"Do you really wish to kill yourself at that moment? Did you not want to live anymore?" Your brows knitted in confusion at how his tone became gentle suddenly, Claude's jewel blue eyes glanced at your figure lifelessly before he invited himself to sit down on a chair.

What was he planning?

You didn't really know.

The way your eyes studied his body language for a second to confirm any suspicion in your head made it so hard as there was no sign that he was feigning concern for you, this bastard. Was he so good at acting that even you, who mastered reading every single body language of the human cannot even identify if he's bluffing or telling the truth right now.

You're too weak to fiddle with your magic and try to feel his mana, your body can't handle that yet as you were still recovering.

So you just lay there and watch his figure with frustration.

"Do you even know what I want? None of you really asked that" you whispered but the blonde male heard it quite well.

Claude snapped his attention towards you, "Then tell what you desire for."

A laughter escaped your lips as you tried so hard to stop it, a good laugh is what you felt at the moment. But it wasn't because you're happy about the situation, but because everything was ridiculous.

"I would have been glad to be left alone in that forest, I would have been glad to die there and not worry about what other people think of me." Her eyes glared at him for a moment to emphasize what she meant, "What all of you did to me is enough to drive me on edge. I did everything I can to be enough so I can inherit the throne, and you dare question my rights? Of course you would not understand, for someone who has to use aggression to success for the throne."

You scoffed at his empty expression, "I did what I can to not shed blood just so I can prove myself. You on the other hand had to do something in order to be where you are right now, and guess what? Of course I knew that, of course I have knowledge about you."

"I'm not just a simple princess after all, if I was just a normal one you wouldn't have chosen me to be your wife."

A satisfied smirk raised on your lips when Claude's eyes showed a hint of surprise in them, not clearly expecting for you to burst like that. His fist clenched but he didn't blow an attack on you, because why would he? It'll only cause a lot more drama and hatred between the two of you.

Maybe he was too harsh on your early days here, he should have known.

"What a way to boost your self confidence I see" he replied to your rant blankly before rising up from his seat to sit beside you on the bed you're laying on.

"Don't come near me" you scowled at him angrily, not really caring if he was going to rip you off to shreds.

That's when he did the unexpected.

Your eyes widen as his lips crashed into yours, Claude's eyes were closed as his lips moved slightly. Though you were frozen there as he did that, you couldn't help but try and push him away. Only for you to fail.

"You're too loud and angry" he spoke as he pulled away from you after a few seconds.

You on the other hand lay there with wide eyes and open lips, you didn't dare blink. It was too much.

"What the hell Claude?"