Eleven

You hated how arrogant he was after that hideous moment, the way his gaze gave off a victorious tint in them made you want to take his eyes off of its socket. Claude was indeed full of himself, he wasn't even affected by your anger. All you wanted to do right now is wipe that satisfied smirk on his face.

"Do I need to remind you that you are my wife?" he boastfully asked.

The bitter feeling after hearing him said that only worsened as you scoff, it's funny that Claude already acknowledged the marriage. Did the thought of you dying in the middle of nowhere scared him? Not really, he wouldn't even spare a single glance if you were to die somewhere. He only rescued you because you can be a reason for war, but of course. It's not like your family would fuss about it.

It's not like you're that special to them, everything can continue even if you die. So there was not point in saving you in the first place, unless Claude has some undergoing motives. Which means that whatever it was, you still need to play your part smoothly. Whether you like it or not.

At the end of the day, it isn't you who can decide for yourself.

"I didn't know you already consider me as one" you shot back while giving him a short glare "What's the sudden change your highness? Afraid to lose me?"

Hah

The thought about him actually caring made you want to laugh, a heartless man like him. Caring about someone? A very impossible thing, not gonna happen. You could already tell that he doesn't care about it just by how his brow is raised, his jewel blue eyes looked down at you in disbelief and mockery as if telling you how absurd it was that he'd even care about your well-being.

"You aren't quite wrong with that" he answered, Claude's intense gaze became worst as he leaned closer towards you.

"I need to keep my idiotic wife away from danger in order to prevent any war from happening."

It was funny that he's actually thinking about a war happening if something unfortunate came on your way when it was clear that your parents didn't want anything to do with you, and you breathing your last oxygen in this world doesn't really bother them. You aren't a heir anyways, you're nothing to your own country. That's the reason why you're thrown off to another palace, to another empire.

They only made the alliance as an excuse to have you kicked out, they only made the marriage as an excuse to have you out of their sight. What a great family, they're just like everyone else around you. The only person you can trust at the moment was Claude's crimson Knight, Felix. He was kind after all, he didn't do anything to harm you at some point.

But that doesn't mean he won't do anything in the future.

Your gaze were firm and you didn't have any room for more annoyance making Claude stare at you victoriously, "As much as I want you out of my life. I can't do that, you're far more important for this empire."

His words made you fake a surprised look before rolling your eyes.

"Wow" you exclaimed in a sarcastic tone "That's actually touching, glad that I could be of use your highness."

Claude didn't bother to pay attention with your sarcasm, "You should be glad someone still see you as valuable."

"As if that'll ease all of my worries." You rolled your eyes at Claude before finally turning away from him.

Of course you knew about how important you can be for him. Not because he loves you, it's because of how you were raised to be perfect in everything that he doesn't need to work your ass off in order to become one. You were a good role model, an ideal empress every country could ask for. And yet you were there in the Obelian Empire as his wife, it was something many men desired but he was the one who got the opportunity to be your husband.

He was lucky to have you, but not in a romantic light. He was happy that he had someone like you, but he doesn't have any positive feelings for you aside from respect and hatred. But how can you respect someone you hate? Weird of him.

"You should just rest here, don't even bother to take up on your duties tomorrow." His eyes glared down at you blankly as he stood up from the bed making you sigh in relief.

"Finally" you grumbled in annoyance "You finally decided to go out, and I don't have to follow what you say. This isn't your body after all."

The blonde man only smirked at your response, "Whatever you say."

"But don't say I didn't warn you about it."

What a jerk.

You didn't say anything more and watched as he went out of the room in silence leaving you there all by yourself.

A small sigh left your lips once the door was closed, your eyes fluttering close as you think about all of the things that happened to you.

Why did you survive? You should have died, you didn't want to live anymore. And yet here you are, stuck back in a palace you're more than unhappy.

You couldn't help but cry in silence.

Everything was too much to handle, and being saved to face all of it was something you didn't want.