Epilogue

IT DIDN'T surprise Mackenzie to know that her friend and Tony were on again. At kabilang si Tony sa mga abay na lalaki sa kasal nina James at Mackenzie, one month later.

Natuloy ang pagiging best man ni Vic. Ganoon din si Karen, bilang maid of honor at si Marianne bilang bridesmaid.

It was a farm wedding. Dinaluhan ng mga piling kakilala't kaibigan.

The bride was beautiful and glowing sa wedding gown na idinisenyo niya para sa sarili. Yari sa jusi at piña at sila ni Karen mismo katulong ang mananahing pinili ang naglagay ng mga sequins, beads, at rice pearls sa damit-pangkasal.

The groom was gorgeous in his barong tagalog. Impatiently waiting for his bride to be handed to him.

There was no one to hand her over to him. But she didn't mind. Ibinibigay niya ang sarili kay James. She was walking through the flowers-filled aisle while the song and music of the guitarist filled the air.

There were bells on a hill

But I never heard them ringing

No I never heard them at all

Till there was you.

There were birds in the sky

But I never saw them winging

No I never saw them at all

Till there was you.

There was music and wonderful roses

They tell me in sweet fragrant meadows

Of dawn and you....

Inabot ni James ang kamay sa kanya. "Iyon ang pinakamatagal na sandaling paghihintay sa buong buhay ko, darling," bulong nito.

Umangat ang kilay ng dalaga. Amused.

"I was afraid you might vanish like a dream."

"I did not."

"Yes," he whispered. "And from this moment onward, you have lost the right to yourself because you are mine. Apart from the right to give pleasure and the right to receive it."

"I love you."

"And I love you back."

                                                           *****WAKAS*****