Chapter 55

I got moved back to the original room, thank gods. I found myself blinking repeatedly trying to get my eyes to adjust to the dim lighting.

The maskless man showed up for the first time since the first day. He strolled over to a table that had orange crystal shards scattered across it.

"I don't believe I introduced myself, I am Faron. The ruler of the Sutara." Holding up one of the crystals showing me, "do you know what this is?"

I didn't answer, just shook my head trying to let it sink in who this man was.

"It's an essence stone, they house essentia inside." I took a longer look at the stone, the center of it had a whirling mist.

"This one contains the ability to manipulate water." Walking up to me, he took out his knife he used to carve into me before. Then gripped onto my arm tightly and began cutting into one of the symbols he had already carved before.

Scooping out my flesh and muscle to make a bloody hole in my arm. I was writhing and screaming in agony, my throat was so raw from all the screaming it felt like it was bleeding. Once he was done cutting he shoved the sharp crystal right into the wound pushing and wedging the stone under my skin like a needle, forcing it to stay in place.

He smiled proudly at my pain. "I am going to fucking kill you when I get out of here!" I yelled in a raspy growl, my lips curled up showing my teeth, breathing heavily.

He gripped onto my face, "you are never getting out of here. You are mine."

I spit on him, "I will and I will come back and unleash a sweltering fucking hell on you." He smacked me hard across the face, I looked down to the crystal. The mists of the essentia disappeared into me and strangely no more blood came from the wound, as if it was plugged up.

Faron backed away watching me, after a few moments he seemed to get impatient.

"Why the fuck is nothing happening!" He yelled at one of the others.

"She's the first mordl we have done this too, maybe it takes time." Faron smacked the side of the man's head.

"I don't want a maybe, I want a definite answer." The man nodded and walked out of the room the rest including Faron followed.

Sitting there looking at my arm, then around the room. These stones were supposed to give you the ability that was inside of it.

Though my body and mind felt no different, there was no change. I closed my eyes, letting myself enjoy the darkness I was finally in, soaking it in as if it was the sun on a beach. Panting and just enduring the dull pain I was still feeling.

The next day Faron came back, he poked and prodded at me trying to see if there was any change. There was none and because of that he got another shard and cut open another symbol shoved it in, this one had a red blaze inside.

Once he stopped plunging it into me he backed away. Watching the blaze disappear, we waited. Nothing happened again and he left angry once again.

Maybe an hour or so passed before he came back, shoving another crystal into my arm and again waiting with nothing happening.

In total over the course of a few days now, ten essence stones were embedded into my arms, some were the same essentia and some I didn't even know what they'd be.

"She should be atleast dead at this point! The essence is gone, it should be doing something!"

Faron threw a book across the room at the group of people. "What if it just worked so well that we can't tell?"

Faron got right into the man's mask, "I would know, I have the sight and she has nothing inside of her!" He yelled in his face before stabbing the man. Killing him.