frightenings; 3.00

A month went by, a month containing some of the two's happiest memories so far. It was filled with spontaneous dates, through the night phone calls, random drawings shoved in each others lockers and movie nights at the boy's house where the girl ended up falling asleep while resting in the boy's arms. Pale Eyes couldn't have asked for a better person to be with, and the boy couldn't agree less had she spoken those words a loud.

Since the girl's friends and Rosy Cheeks had finally cracked part of her shell, they decided to drag her out for a night of shopping at the mall and stopping for dinner at their favorite restaurant. They all agreed it was a much needed escape after a stressful week of projects due and large tests. So far, their night out had been filled with lots of memories they hoped they'd never forget and lots of pictures they would probably later regret (with how ridiculous they were.)

The mood shifted drastically, when the group entered the small restaurant they wanted to eat at. They had all been sitting around at their table, peering at sticky, laminated menus, with giggles all around. Even the girl seemed to be beaming with excitement, something the group of close knit friends hadn't seen in awhile.

But then, the girl's phone rang, interrupting their current conversation of meal choices and the upcoming dance. All of her friend's gazes snapped to her, with tiny smirks hinting on their lips. They had all figured it was Rosy Cheeks, and the girl's reaction proved their conclusions true.

The girl blushed as she motioned for them to quiet, placed her phone inbetween the crook of her neck and her cheek, and pressed her empty hand against her ear so she could hear better.

"Hello?" She greeted, her voice laced with curiousity. He had told her earlier that he wouldn't bother her on her night with her friends, and he usually kept to his word.

There was silence on the line, except for a shaky exhale of breath from his end.

With furrowed eyebrows, she grabbed her phone with her hand and pushed it closer to her ear. "Rosy Cheeks?" She asked, confusion setting in.

"I.. I.." He began, barely able to speak without choking out a sob. "I need you."

The girl stood up abruptly, a thousand possibilities running through her head. "What's wrong?"

A sobbing sound escaped from her phone's speaker and echoed through her skull, making the girl's normally colored cheeks pale as can be. All of her friends were watching her carefully, one of them (she wasn't sure who), placing a hand on her arm in worry. She shook it off gently.

"Everything's falling apart." His trembling voice managed to sputter out.

She didn't need to hear anymore, she knew she needed to be there for him. Her tongue ran across her lower lip nervously, "Hold on a second, alright? I'm still here." She almost whispered.

The girl turned towards her friends again and gave a sad and worried smile. "Guys, I have to go. Something... Came up. I'll tell you later. Thanks for the great night." She blurted out.

They all looked at her, with concern in their eyes, but they knew not to press her for information. Especially not now. They sent her off with understanding words, succeeding on not making her feel guilty for leaving early.

The girl rushed to her car, her hair flowing into a tangled mess in the wind, all while assuring the boy that he was okay. As soon as she got in, she was wheeling out of the parking lot, driving a little more recklessly then she ever would before.

It didn't take long, with her crazy driving, to get to the boy's house. He had hung up, telling her that she needed to focus on her driving, despite her numerous protests. As she hopped out of her car, her heart was racing faster than her feet which were sprinting towards the front door. She knocked loudly, waiting oh so impatiently for it to swing upon and reveal Rosy Cheeks. When it didn't, she tried the handle.

Locked.

In a few seconds, she had her phone back at her ear and dialing the boy's phone number. When he didn't answer, she listened for the sound of his ringtone through the door, but to no avail. The girl was near having a panic attack in fear of what the boy was doing.

She decided to run around to the side of the house and found the window to his room wide open, and without more than a moment of thinking, she pulled herself up and into his room; wincing as the metal latch scratched into her back.

The girl landed onto a tangled heap on Rosy Cheek's bed, and rolled quickly to the edge so she could look around the room. She nearly let out a strangled cry when she found him bent up and resting against his beloved bean bag chair, with tears streaming down his face.

When he noticed her, he offered no words or change in facial expression, but his eyes spoke the whole story. In a few careful steps, she was curled up next to him, with her arms wrapped around him tightly as his body wracked with sobs. She could feel his heart pounding from where her head was resting on his chest.

Finally, after what seemed more than an eternity, he spoke. "I.. I know you know what's wrong." He whispered, "What's wrong.. With me."

_______

Bella's note: Oops *hides* I feel like this chapter is so awkward? I'd really love some feedback on what you thought of this one :)

Question of the chapter: what's your favorite TV show?

I can't decide ugh, I'm terrible at decisions. I really enjoy Criminal Minds, Prison Break, Teen Wolf, Elementary, Sherlock and Chicago Fire & PD. I watch too much TV oops.

You all are amazing, holy crap. Fifty comments from you guys on the last chapter, that's so  surrel! Thank you so much for all your support and love,

-xx

I totally forgot to add this when I posted 3.00, but would you guys read a book filled with random little stories about these two? Like their dates and just odds and ends (I.e. text conversations)? (As in the stuff you guys missed in the month that's passed and after the story is finished?) I can't decide.