Chapter 18 *unedited*

Start from the beginning

"You'll be fine man" Dwayne reassured me, as he held onto an energetic Isaiah on his lap and drove with the other arm.

"These animals are hungry man" I chuckled in excitement, as I watched the giraffe stroll towards my pot of food. "Isaiah look giraffe" I stated, as I carefully threw some fruits towards it. I was honestly living my childhood dream and it was an honour to be spending it with my son. Though Isaiah did not understand much, it was the memories that count and I'm sure he'll appreciate me in the future.

"Isaiah no" Dwayne stated, as he kissed his chubby cheeks. One thing about Dwayne, is that he is super affectionate with Isaiah and made sure to always slober him with as much kisses and hugs. This was a really cute side of Dwayne, which I really did enjoy witnessed the site of. Isaiah really loved him, you'd think him not being around for almost 7 months of his life would've greatly impacted him. But it's like he was never there, though he still calls him "De" and not "Daddy". I was glad he had both Trevon and him in his life. It was honestly a blessing and with everything Dwayne was doing I could tell he was really trying to make a positive impact on the life of his son and be a role model. Dwayne could've honestly turned out like his brother Dante or even Tion.

"Isaiah terrorise your dad" I encouraged, an energetic Isaiah give his dad more headache. Honestly the least he deserves, all she sleepless nights I've had with Isaiah for the first couple of month was honestly torture.

6 months later

"Dami I messed up" Trevon came in with his hand on his head. Pacing up and down. Dami was his rock, she was the only person he could come to and confide in. He was lost, he wasn't sure what to do next. It was the first time he had ever been in such a predicament and situation.

"Tell me, we can sort it" Dami stated concernedly, as she tried to comfort  her friend. This was the first time she had seen him, so uneasy and restless about a situation.

"She's pregnant" he stated. In that moment, Dami was shocked. Apart of her couldn't believe a word he said. What do you mean she's pregnant ? Who's pregnant? Was it his ex? Those were the thought in Damis head.

" Whose pregnant?" Leaning forward, Dami found herself feeling a little agitated and uneasy. Trevon was usually careful. Well that's what he told her, "I'm not ready for a baby, so I will carry a jimmy wherever I go"

"Kimberley" Trevon stated, disappointedly. Shocked, lost for words. Dami certainly didn't see this coming. She had always suspected there was something there, but due to the nature of their relationship he never expected Trevon to take the risk and take it there.

"Tee, you messed up bro" Dami stated honestly. It was all starting to make sense to Dami, Trevon wasn't around as often. Though she and Kimberly were cool, she was starting to notice how quickly she was always watching her snap story  all of a sudden and the slight distance.

" I know Dee and she wants to keep it" Trevon announced, as he sat on the arm of the chair. Though Trevon has the financial means to support a baby. He had always planned to get married before having a baby. Things also would've been different, if he actually loved Kimberly but she was just spontaneous fun for him. Never would he have imagined having a baby with her.

"You'll be a great dad Tee, you've got this. You've practically helped me raise Isaiah" Naomi, stated truthfully . Naomi could feel a type of feeling she can't express: she wasn't sure if it was jealousy or sadness about the whole situation. This meant that she was no longer going to see Trevon has often and it stung her. They had some plans. Trevon was going to finally work toward going legit and opening his business. This meant things were going to be delayed for him.

"I know Dee. My mums gonna kill me" Trevon stated fearfully. Trevon knew how much this would've broke his mums heart. Aunty Lisa has always expressed it Trevon her desire not to be a young grandma and for him to be careful. She also wasn't too fond of his friend Kimberly, which was going to be another challenge for him.

"Course she's gonna be angry but she'll get over it Tee"  Naomi stated confidently.

*

"Trevon a dad, didn't see that coming" stated, as she reapplied some lipgloss.

"Really thought it was gonna be Dee & Tee forever" Naomi added, which caused Dami to choke on her drink.

"Now let's not lie. You guys defo have feelings for eachother" Riah chuckled, as she threw an energetic Isaiah in the air and caught him.

"Guys no it's honestly platonic. He's even gonna  be a dad in 6 months" Dami stated defensively, rolling her eyes. There was definitely some truth to what Naomi said. The night after Trevon broke, the news to her she felt a little piece in her heart shatter. She wasn't exactly sure what the feelings were and if they  meant that she liked him a little.

" Anyone can see the chemistry way you guys have  together and how real it is" Riah added, backing Naomi.

"Guys it doesn't even matter. The guy is having a baby" Dami announced, trying not to act too bothered about the whole situation and reveal her true feelings. Dami was honestly over the whole interrogation and she certainly wasn't ready to tell her cousin Cynthia who will just add unnecessary noise. Besides Dami has always said, though she has her own child. She couldn't see herself dating someone with a baby mum.

Tion

"I love her bro" Tion confided into Dwayne. This was the third person Tion had cheated on Naomi with. Though they were not together and taking things slow. He was struggling to grasp the celibacy things. Tion also wasn't religious. He came from a Christian family, but all his past traumas and struggles he grew up believing he was cursed and unlucky. He knew there was someone there, but was not willing to give God a chance. This was something Naomi tried to do, she regularly sent him scriptures, prayed for him and sent him sermons. Though he would ignore it, he appreciated it. None had ever done this for him and he knew with time maybe he'll give God a chance.

"Then why do you keep stepping out, it's not fair on her. She deserves to find happiness" Dwayne blurted honestly. He was against their relationship from the very start. He knew how his best friend was like and was certain Naomi was going to fall victim of his best fiend mess. Trevon had a lot of healing to do, that caused him to do the things he did. The absence of his father and the deteriorating health of his mother, killed him. He was just so reckless and cold, with everything. But it was Naomi that helped him see the light and brought some joy into his life.

" I know" he stated. Apart of him knew that he couldn't keep dragging Naomi in his mess. But apart of him wasn't willing to let go of that peace of happiness and security. Naomi was the first girl that saw him for him and actually cared for him. He loved how she was with his mum and his siblings. Naomi was everything he wanted in a girl. He also respected her decision in abstaining from sex till marriage and her relationship with God. When he was with her, he never thought about sex. They spoke for hours about anything and everything. She had him wanting more for himself and thinking about a life outside the streets.

"She's a good girl" Dwayne stated truthfully, as he parked outside Tion door. Dwayne was honestly gutted for his friend. But it was the truth, unless his friend was willing to change, their relationship was never gonna last. He was gonna sadly drag Naomi down with him. Tion had baggage that he needed to go to therapy and sort out.

*

Knocking on his mother doors. Tion conversation with Dwayne had him thinking. Dwayne was right. He wasn't ready to be in a serious relationship just yet. He had responsibilities and fatherly duties to his siblings that required his full attention. He knew he couldn't give Naomi what she deserved and didn't want to live with the guilt of stopping her from finding someone that will treat her the way she deserves.

"Mum" Tion lightly knocked again.

Silent

"Mum, Mum" Tion knocked  on her bedroom door loudly.

Silent

Tion watched his own hands struggle against the door handle.

He knew

He had a feeling

This wasn't like last time and he was afraid. This was his worst nightmare.

Guys!!! I'm back back. Tryna finish this for you guys. Drop some more ideas for me. Excuse the grammar & errors. I wrote this fast for you guys to read. Love you guys. I honestly didn't expect to have so many views already and supporters.