Chapter 36: The Embodiment Of Power (End of S1)

Start from the beginning

Issei focused back on his opponents and noticed they still hadn't fully recovered. Despite his second long discussion with Ddraig, he had expected them to be fully healed.

But they weren't. Further proving Ddraig's theory true.

Gazing down at his right hand, he clenched his fist." Let's make this quick."

~♡~

Seeing the utter destruction brought to an entire realm made the devils in the Hall fall silent. Nearly everyone stood with their mouths agape, unable to believe what they are seeing. A few even fell on their behinds after witnessing such a display of raw power.

But none, none spoke a word.

Until...

"Impossible....this is simply impossible. That man, was capable of such destruction?" One of the clan heads spoke fearfully.

"This level of power is nearing the peak of High Class!" After hearing the voice of one clan head, the others rediscovered their ability to speak.

"This...this was never a fair fight to begin with...Just what is he!?" The lord of the Phenex clan spoke in astonishment.

"Can't you tell?"

Hearing this one question made everyone turn to the Devil King seated upon the throne. Upon realizing he had everyone's attention, he lazily pointed at the screen with his index finger.

"Look closely, and you'll see."

With these few words everyone turned back to the screen. Everyone stared bewildered at Issei, trying to decern what he was. But being obscurred by the cloak of aura, made it hard for others not within the realm, to see him properly.

No one could find anything pointing to the identification of his being, until one of the council members: Head of the Zrak clan, used the ability of his clan, The Unraveling Eye, to gaze at Issei, and discovered something truly worrisome. His gasp alerted the room to his revelation and soon everyone turned to his worry filled face, desiring to know what he has discovered.

"Head of Zrak, what do you see?" The other clan heads began to question the head of Zrak for information, but seeing his ghostly expression, only made them even more curious.

"He...he...he.."

"Spit it out already!!"

The head of Zrak tried to speak, but could not hold onto the words as they flew out of his mouth in much the same fear as he was experiencing.

But gazing at the visage of Issei, or rather, Issei's soul, he saw the image of a being that could end them in a blink if it so wished. The beastly appearance of a being draped in golden scales, a pure white halo resting behind its head. The light of which only added to the majesty of the creature as well as the intimidation the Head of Zrak was experidncing. It's wings were as beautiful as its golden body, decorated with crimson crystal feathers.

But what scared the clan leader the most, was the crimson eyes of this being staring right back at him! As though it too, was gazing into hís soul.

Feeling the Abyss staring back at him, he immediately deactivated his ability and took a few steps back in shock.

"He..he's a dragon!" He exclaimed in shock.

This little piece of information caused the entire room to go silent!

The clan heads, especially the council members stood shocked. They turned to the screen to see the one who had brought them all to a state of disbelieve. Looking at him they finally understood.