Kaeya-Silly Thing

You sigh as you slide into a seat tucked into a quiet corner of Angel's Share. It's been weeks since you've been able to come home to Mondstadt due to you being away on a reconnaissance expedition in the Dragonspine area. After returning your expedition pack to your quarters and giving a full report to Eula, you made a beeline to the tavern. A strong drink and a cheery atmosphere were just what you needed after a little over a month of solitude in the frigid mountains. From your secluded corner of the tavern, you can hear the regulars conversing with each other and Six-Fingered José strumming his lyre by the door.

You're smiling to yourself as you watch the dim light refract off your wine while you swirl it in your glass when a voice as smooth as silk grabs your attention. "Oho! Look who has finally returned to Mondstadt!"

Your smile widens as you reply. "Hey Kaeya." You finally look up as he pulls out the chair across from you and sits down. "Miss me?" You tease, taking a sip of your wine.

"Everyday I was pining in your absence." He responds, smirking.

"I knew it. You're an absolute mess without me."

He presses a hand to his chest. "You read me like an open book, y/n."

You chuckle at the Cavalry Captain, who was technically your boss. You were in the final stages of training to join the Cavalry when Varka took the entire unit, excluding you and Kaeya, on his expedition. Unable to complete your training, Jean advised that you join Reconnaissance until the unit returned. Even though you were working for Eula now, you were still considered a cavalry trainee and answered directly to Kaeya.

"How about I buy you another drink to celebrate your return?" He asks when you finish your wine. He stands and heads to the bar, not waiting for your response. He returns moments later carrying two glasses and sits one before you.

"Oh no..." You whisper as you stare at the neon green contents of the glass.

"Oh yes," he responds, holding his glass up and waiting for you to clink yours to it.

"Kaeya, you know what Death After Noon does to me!"

"Exactly." His expression is absolutely devilish, and you swear he just winked at you, but it's hard to tell because of his eyepatch.

"Captain," you say slowly as you tap the rim of your glass to his, "You are going to be the death of me."

******

Several hours later you and Kaeya had to be escorted out of the tavern by Charles so he could finally close. The two of you stumble your way through the city, giggling quietly and hanging on to each other as you accidentally make wrong turns or trip up steps. Once you finally make it back to Headquarters, you both sober up, striving to keep a semblance of professionalism. The two of you walk in near silence to your living quarters. As you pass by Kaeya's, you turn to say goodnight to him when you're caught off guard.

In one quick movement, Kaeya grabs you by the arm and spins around to pin you to his door. His lips are against yours in an instant, and he's kissing you hungrily. You cup his face in your hands, kissing him back eagerly. When he finally breaks the kiss, the two of you are breathless, chests heaving in tandem as your bodies are pressed against each other. He runs a gloved finger gently along your jaw. "Stay the night with me."

Your eyes widen at this. "K-Kaeya, you're my boss! We shouldn't!"

"Oh, come now, it's just one night." He says, dipping down to kiss you again.

As his mouth moves against yours, you surrender yourself to him. He's right, it's just one night. What harm could it do? You wrap your arms around his neck and return the kiss fully as he opens his door and backs you into his room.