" I do trust your judgement. However, I am a curious being, so how about you take one of the fantasy novels you have and randomly open it to a page? I will read just that one page, and if it's not to my liking, I will take you οn  your other suggestion."

She blinked innocently at him as he seemed to have frozen instantly once his mind had processed her request. If someone would have had him at gunpoint, he might not have felt as pressured as at that moment.

"Those books must be the new ones you were referring to, right? You didn't get the chance to place them on the shelves yet." She noticed four books lying on the corner of the wooden desk and before Namjoon had the chance to react, she had gotten one in her hold.

"That one, I have not read that one. The bookshop I bought them from recommended them all to me. They described them to me and I just took them to enrich our library. I would never really recommend them to anyone around here. " At that tight moment, all he could think about was to at least make himself have nothing to do with those books. 

"Well, good thing that I am not from around here then." She replied right before she placed the book on the desk and opened it on a random page, or so she made it seem. She cleared her throat immediately after and took it in her palms, then looked at him briefly before starting to read out loud the page.

"She gripped at his skin as she arched her back, feeling him-"

"And that's it. There's really no need to read this book. I will return them first thing tomorrow. They are unworthy of anyone's time. Really." Namjoon snatched the book from her hold and closed it shut, seemingly nervous and awkward.

"Now now, have some mercy on the author of that book. Just because it may not be to everyone's taste that doesn't mean that their work is worthless.Such mean words." She pretended to be disappointed in him for his harsh criticism and Namjoon found himself utterly speechless at that moment.

"You need to think of the feelings of others too before speaking ill of someone. I hope you reflect on this behaviour of yours." 

"Eh?- Oh yes. I am very sorry. I will do so..." He replied while he still had yet to understand how he even messed up and left a bad impression on her.

"Maybe I will pass later for a book. I am afraid I have no more time at my disposal. Have a good day." Her tone grow cold right before she walked out, letting him think that she had somehow annoyed her.

Somehow he had done what he was trying not to do and that left Namjoon staring at the door in awe for a bit before he cursed his luck under his breath and allowed an exhale to escape his lips in defeat.

---Change of set---

Serenity had gotten out of her house and had set eyes on the monastery for she wanted to meet Veta and apologise to her for her behaviour last night and the careless words she had spoken.

 She had been unable to sleep well because of everything that had gone down and the scene where she had her knife right by Jungkook's neck had flashed multiple times before her eyes, making her get filled with regret. It felt so frustrating that she had lost such an opportunity but even that opportunity she had only because of Veta's help and she could not deny that.

As always she had done so much for Serenity and she had undoubtedly behaved ungratefully with her so she had to make things right. 

"She won't be too mad with me, I am sure...she is not one to keep grudges." Serenity tried to encourage herself just as she reached atop the hill from where she could see the monastery laying before her eyes, a ten-minute walk further or so.