I Need You - Pt. 1

Back at the main house, the remaining members had just received a report informing that the VSG-U had lost all communication with Team Five- the team both Ant and Dec were part of on the larger scale. On each mission, a certain number of members are assigned to complete the tasks for the day, and later, separately, a different team for the night. Before today to ease members in, allocations were selective - but now - for 'fairness amongst all members' they're random allocations. And it just so happens that tonight was the first mission that Ant would be separated from Dec.

After leaving and saying goodbyes at 5pm, everything went as smoothly as expected. But now, suddenly, something had gone wrong, and base had lost comms with every member out there tonight. All the missions were dangerous, but this one presented a much larger risk than all that came before it due to the severity in the quantity of creatures in this particular, but significant area. The goal of tonight's mission was to take on the rooms little by little, and they were going to start things off. The results of this trial were yet unclear, but not very positive in the least, leaving the VSG-U, and some team members outside of the mission in particular, literally, in the dark.

Dec leaned against the right side of his bed- one knee up, both hands around his leg, eyes down, the only light in the room coming from the natural 7:40pm source through the two large windows in front of him, curtains undrawn.

There he was - sitting alone in his worst nightmare.

In reality though, the report could have said a lot worse. He could have had some real confirmation of the situation, one usually so unbearable he could never think about it. But right now, that possibility was all that was on his mind. And every vision, every anxiety he had of every truth in the situation, was flashing before his eyes. He squeezed them closed in desperation.

Tilting his head back towards the edge of the bed, Dec tried to focus on his breathing in hopes to avoid a particularly large panic attack he knew was coming.

In, and out.

In, and out.

In, and-

'knock' 'knock'

"Dec? It's me, Holly. Are you alright in there? Can I- can we- talk? I just want to make sure-"

She didn't get to finish as Dec opened the door, light came streaming in through the crack in the door from the hallway as Holly stood in front of him, quickly moving into a hug. "Hey.", She whispered to him. "I wanted to make sure you were okay... I didn't want you to be alone."

Dec stayed still and silent against her, but he was grateful for her and her check up, even if he wasn't as direct in showing it.

"He's going to be alright, you know? It's going to be okay. They'll come back, I know they will."

There was as much a chance that Holly was right as to her being wrong, and though her words were nice and it was nice to know she believed them, there was no chance that Dec would too. He had always been a worrier, and this was absolutely no exception. Though he found some comfort in Holly's embrace, it was nothing compared to what he could be feeling with his best mate by his side. He needed Ant to be okay. He needed Ant to be safe. He just had to be. There was no other option Dec would ever accept.

"I should be out there with him, Holly, protecting him, us looking out for each other. The fact that I can't I- I can't help but worry, those guys don't know him, if it came down to it-"

"They'd go back for him, Dec. None of those guys are particularly close to each other, but it's not every man for himself out there. We're all in the same situation, we all want to make it home."