Context: The VSG Collection

!PLEASE READ BEFORE READING THE FICS!

Hello! I'm Ruby - your author! This page will provide you with all context and information needed for what 'VSG' is, and what this will contain.

Please note: If what you see below this doesn't appeal to you, please check out my other book 'Ant and Dec OneShots and Stories' on my account (ADFictions). This includes fics that are set in our world (much more normal haha). BUT these fics here really are still very normal! It's just this universe that needs some context - the Ant and Dec in this work are still very much the ones we know so well!

Stick around if you like AU's; LOTS of fluff, angst, hurt/comfort, and our two boys~

The following collection contains:
(All fics here are non-slash)
-A mini series
-A oneshot
-Two bonus fics!

Please stay with me on this! It's only the setting that needs some explanation, the fics are very focused on A&D.

The three questions below will provide all the explanation you need for this work. If you have any further confusions or questions, please feel free to message me!

What does 'VSG' mean?

'VSG' in this context stands for 'Violet Sky Graffiti' - the title of an original book idea I wrote last year, but unfortunately, never saw the light of day past the introduction. However, I still loved the foundational ideas, and created an AU (alternative universe) from it!

Okay! So what is the AU? What's included?

(All following information is completely fictional and my ideas alone)

The VSG universe is set within Karnal Hill - a high-top green plain among a hoard of mountains on the northern borders of California, named after Dr Joseph Karnal who re-discovered the Avalaxe Caves (the name of this cave system) within these mountains.

There is no notation of these caves anywhere on maps, but they and their contents were sealed for a reason. Within these caves are hundreds of (unknown to the public) abandoned experimental, science, and medical, labs on many levels which only go deeper and deeper into the ground. These levels are poisoned by countless unidentified creatures - labeled 'Sleepers' in present day - highly aggressive and lethal monsters that will attack on sight if they are woken up and/or spot anything but their own people.

A secret military group known (only by themselves) as the VSG-U (VSG-Underground) have taken over this place since Dr Karnal's re-discovery: building highly secure military bases in the higher levels - undisturbed and controlled by the anarchistic creatures. They want to experiment, discover, and destroy all that remains and lurks in the lower levels- but with humans as they are, it's next to impossible. Agents are sent in small teams on missions given by High Agent Lotus - a code name for his real one (as all high agents have). The boss of the entire organisation is unknown personally by everyone, but is referred to as Amelia, 'Her', or 'She' by all who are lower than her position. It is said that she has a powerful, mysterious purple magic within her, but controlling this power has not been achieved. She needs help, she needs more of those like her who were chosen to possess this power, and powers similar to it - both to control and destroy.

-Heavily inspired by the game 'GTFO'
-Part of the setting and creatures are from GTFO
-The creatures look similar to 'The Last of Us' Clickers (to those who don't know GTFO)
-Also heavily inspired by 'The Hunger Games' District 13 set-up (at least the film's version in 3&4) for the VSG-U
-Main characters will eventually be given powers by what the VSG-U has discovered and acquired so far and will go through missions
-These main characters were and are still originally 6 YouTubers who are all good friends (any AU fic I write for VSG has the people being written about as a different perspective on the VSG-U - they're agents but not these chosen 6)
-All agents and people within the VSG-U are referred to by numbers and are treated as such
-Everyone and everywhere outside of Karnal Hill runs as the present world does.
-Key agents are taken from their normal lives without choice and are forced to go on missions and fulfill tasks. Each group lives in a different house atop Karnal Hill, a little way away from the location of the caves.

Okay, sounds great and all - and a lot of information - but what the hell does this have to do with Ant and Dec? Where do they fit in?

I know it's a lot to take in, but without this explanation, I feel like a lot of people would be lost and confused - so context is needed.

If you look at the final bulletpoint just above in slanted-bold, that is where they come in. All AU stories and one-shots have them already involved within the VSG-U with some experience already completed. They were just two of many people taken to be forced to join this place and assist the VSG-U's goals.

Phil and Holly are also involved in some of these!

The following fics are all non-slash fics (friendship only), however, I do have slash (romantic) and Non-Slash fics included in my other work on this account! So check that out if you want more non-slash, or slash fics!

-
Please note: I DO NOT ship A&D - I just like writing for them and providing more content for this small but wonderful fandom!

Enjoy x