His expression was the same as always while Mako-chan and Yume-chan were giggling. They seemed to have fun. 

I didn't know  what they were talking about, but I had an uneasy feeling that dwelt inside me just from looking at them. I started to wonder but quickly brushed it off.

"Good morning, Ayanokouji-kun, Mako-chan, Yume-chan," I gave them a big smile.

"Hi Honami-chan."

"Good morning, Honami-chan."

"Good morning," Ayanokouji-kun nodded at me.

He didn't talk much as usual. I giggled inside my mind.

I didn't know why others thought he was gloomy and boring, but I found the difference between his expression and his action was cute.

"I remember Mako-chan said it was... mm... a gap moe?" I thought to myself.

"What were you talking earlier?"

"Are you curious, Honami-chan?"

Mako-chan teased me with a grin. She had been my close friend from the start, but sometimes I just didn't get her.

"Well, just a little bit. But it's ok to not tell me if it's a secret of course," I was confused but still responded to her.

"We're talking about class C and class D's war that happened in the Event Selection Exam."

Oh, that? Honesty, their battle in the exam terrified me. Both class C and class D decided to use underhanded tactics on each other. And there were multiple students that had to resign even before the actual exam happened.

I was shocked when I found out about that. And, to everyone surprise, Class D managed to barely win against class C.

"We were lucky that we didn't have to fight them right, Honami-chan?" Yume-chan wiped her non-exist sweats from her forehead.

"Yeah, I'm glad our opponent is Sakayanagi-san."

Compared to the leaders of class C and class D, class A's leader, Sakayanagi Arisu, was an angel. Even though that girl exposed my past, that was my fault after all. I knew she was a sweet girl at heart, but of course, I needed to be more wary of her now because of the upcoming classes battles in the second year.

Also, I had a weird intuition about Sakayanagi-san and Ayanokouji-kun's relationship. Do they... My train of thoughts was suddenly cut off by Mako-chan's voice.

"Ah mou~ our class was so close to win against her too," Mako-chan said before realizing her mistake, "aaa no, I'm not blaming Ayanokouji-kun for that. I meant everyone didn't expect you to win or anything. Oh wait, that's also not what I meant."

Mako-chan flustered when she realized she might have stepped on another bomb.

"It's okay. I understand what you're trying to say. And, it's true that I was underprepared against Arisu, and it cost our class 30 class points and our gap widened. That was my fault."

His voice is the same monotone as always, but we could hear him being sad about our loss. And I felt guilty about that, I should have been the one to take the responsibility, but Ayanokouji-kun, for my sake, had decided to step outside of his comfort zone and confronted Sakayanagi-san.

"It's not your fault Ayanokouji-kun. It's the responsibility of our class as a whole to fight with each other, so please don't blame yourself for that," I tried to cheer him up.

Ayanokouji-kun looked at me for a few seconds before nodding. It looked like he appreciated my comfort.

Yume-chan hugged Mako-chan and consoled her as she ducked her head because of guilt.