Chapter 39: The heartbeat is accelerating

Start from the beginning

Huo Junxian straightened her clothes, then handed her hand to Gu Siyu. This time, Gu Siyu didn't push her away, but leaned on her and walked out of the bathroom with her support.

"What do you want to eat for breakfast?" Huo Junxian asked.

Gu Siyu felt a bitter taste in her mouth and had no appetite. She couldn't think of anything to fill her stomach and felt dizzy. She replied with a casual "whatever."

Huo Junxian helped her to the bed, then went to the bathroom to change her clothes. Gu Siyu looked at the bathroom door, her face solemn. She didn't understand why Huo Junxian was taking such good care of her when she had always been rude to her. If she were in Huo Junxian's position, she would have taken advantage of the situation to kick her a few times and quickly get her revenge.

Huo Junxian came out of the bathroom after her shower, wearing a short-sleeved shirt and long pants, with a towel draped over her head. She wiped her hair twice, then brought over a hair dryer and lifted Gu Siyu's hair, saying, "Sorry, I forgot to blow-dry your hair."

It didn't matter that her hair was wet; it was hot outside and it would dry quickly. But Huo Junxian insisted on blow-drying it for her. Gu Siyu frowned and said, "Just mind your own business."

"I'm fine," Huo Junxian blow-dried her hair, then quickly fixed her own hair. She took two bottles of medicine from the bedside table and said, "Lie down, I'll put some medicine on you. I noticed that your waist was bruised earlier."

Gu Siyu lay down and let her apply the medicine. Huo Junxian unfastened the buttons she had just fastened and Gu Siyu said to her, "You're doing too much."

Huo Junxian gently applied the medicine with a cotton swab and said, "It's my first time taking care of someone like this."

After she finished, Gu Siyu's body was covered in the pungent smell of medicine. She lay on her pillow and asked, "Is there something wrong with the medicine? I feel more pain all over my body."

"I'll ask the doctor when he comes later," Huo Junxian threw away the cotton swab, "You'll be fine soon."

Gu Siyu pressed the pillow against her face and suddenly felt a sharp pain in her nose. "Does it hurt a lot?" Huo Junxian asked.

"Uh, it hurts like hell," Gu Siyu replied.

"I'll call the doctor," Huo Junxian pressed the nurse button.

Because of Gu Siyu's scream, all the experts were called in by Huo Junxian. They examined Gu Siyu thoroughly and tied her up like a prisoner. Her left hand was suspended in the air, and some kind of ointment was applied to her waist. Then they told her, "Don't move for a week."

"..."

Gu Siyu trembled in her heart. If she had known, she wouldn't have screamed.

For breakfast, Huo Junxian had someone deliver congee and dumplings. Gu Siyu didn't pick anything, as she couldn't eat anything greasy and wasn't in a good mood.

"Put it on the table, I'll eat it later," Gu Siyu moved towards the bed. She had told Huo Junxian that there was no need for a bandage, but Huo Junxian insisted on letting the doctor do it. Now she couldn't move while eating, which was very difficult.

Huo Junxian held a bowl and said, "Let me feed you."

"Huh?"

Huo Junxian scooped up some congee with a spoon, which wasn't very hot. She still blew on it out of habit, "Open your mouth, I'll feed you."

"When did I promise to let you feed me..."

"Don't be shy, be good, open your mouth. Yesterday at the Duans' house, didn't you let me feed you? Why are you shy now?"