Chapter 10 || Reason x

Start from the beginning

The day flew by in their eyes, and before any of them knew it, the last bell had rung and it was time to head home. Niall was actually not scared of going home, with Louis and his mum there, Greg had left him alone. What he didn't know however, is that Greg had stopped for a different reason entirely, because of a text from a certain curly haired lad that had opened his eyes to the reality of what was happening to his brother. Not only because of him, but the blame and guilt was still there, and now all Greg wanted to do was apologize and hold his brother close. Greg had blamed him for their father leaving, but in reality, he had no one to blame but the older man who had left, and only now had he seen it.

Instead of going home however, the trio went to a nearby park, the same one Harry and Niall had gone off to only days before, and acted like children. They ran around and climbed up the playset and laughed and enjoyed the time together. All three could honestly say that it was one of the best days that they have ever had. As the sun was setting hours later, the trio was lying on the grass, looking up at the sky and watching as it changed colors. None of them wanted to leave, but they didn't have much of a choice. There was school tomorrow, and there was homework weighing down their bags, so they all got up making their way from the park.

Harry knew that Niall would be safe walking with Louis, but that still didn't stop him from walking Niall home anyways. Making sure he was safe no matter what it took, even if it meant he would have to walk in pitch black darkness of the night. They reached his home quickly, Niall lingering on the porch as Louis walked straight in to greet his mother. Harry's hand was gripping Niall's wrist lightly, rubbing his thumb over the pale skin, a small thoughtful frown on his face.

"Time is almost up." Harry said, voice gentle and sad. It took Niall a few seconds to think over and ponder what the curly headed lad meant, but once it clicked he realized that he hadn't thought of killing himself in what felt like ages, although it was only days. "Right now, right here. If I was to ask you if you plan on leaving me in two days what would you say?" Harry questioned again, a sad sense of urgency to his question.

"It depends" Niall answers, looking at him, watching as Harry tilted his head as if to say 'on what'. "Has all of this just been you playing hero?" Niall knew as soon as the words left his mouth that it was the wrong thing to say. He could see Harry's emotions shutting down through his eyes, his face squinting, body physically recoiling like he had been hit. Harry then looked down, shaking his head and letting out a humorless chuckle.

"Is that what you think? That you're some damn project I'm trying to fix? If that was all it was, I would have picked someone easier don't you think? I thought we were better than that, that I had shown you that I truly care about you, not the flaws you think you're made of." He said, eyes squinted in a hurt kind of anger.

"It came out wrong. It's just, I haven't thought of it for days and when you asked that was all it seemed you cared about." Niall added, hoping it could fix the situation but it seemed to only make it worse.

"It's easy coming from you then I suppose. You don't have to worry about waking up and finding out that you're dead. You know how utterly terrified I was when I saw you on that bridge? Both times. I'm so scared that I'm going to lose you, terrified that you'll decide I'm not enough to keep you here. I'm absolutely petrified of waking up one morning with Lou or Liam texting me that you succeeded, of calling you and texting you only to get no response because you aren't here. I want to throw up when I think of what would happen if I wasn't enough and on that thirteenth day you die, when I think of how I may have to go on with life without you by my side. It's constantly on my mind that you may leave me, and I'm so scared. Terrified that after I give you that last reason, you leave despite everything. Okay? So you're not some damned project, you're a human being with feelings and friendships and emotions that I care about, and I don't want to lose you because I wasn't enough. Okay?"

"Okay." Was all Niall could answer, too emotional and touched at what Harry had said. Granted, he was slightly put off that Harry had only said care, rather than love- the feeling he had finally placed when it came to Harry- but maybe one day Harry might feel the same he thought. He didn't give Harry an answer, but Niall's reassuring smile allowed Harry to smile gently back at him.

"Reason 10 before I leave, is you have friends and family and people that love and care for you. I do, and we'd all be devastated if you decided to leave."

--

This story is coming to an end soon.

What will Niall's final choice be?

What did you think of Harry's speech?

Will Greg learn from his past mistakes and help Harry save his brother or no?

Will Harry's mum be okay?

Will they get a happily ever after?

How will this end?

6 comments for reason 11?

Val xxxx