Chapter 9 || Reason ix

Another update, because I looooooooove you.

Special dedication to: @holdinghoransheart because believe it or not you're my hero.

---

Harry knew it was bound to happen, really he did. With the amount of alcohol his mother consumed, it wasn't hard to guess that it had something to do with why she was at the hospital. He knew that it was unstoppable, but he hoped he had more time with her- to save her- he didn't have many others left. He was sat at her bedside, once they had admitted her and transferred her up into her own private hospital room. It was decently sized, Harry thought, but then again he was just trying to distract himself from the random noises that the I.V pump was making every time it gave her a dose of medicine. Her hand was freezing, blueish and pale, and a nasal cannula was blasting 6 liters of oxygen into her lungs at a constant rate. A grey bucket rested next to her, her bed elevated so vomiting would be easier.

Harry didn't know when everything went wrong.

He could feel his phone vibrating in his pocket, but Harry didn't really have the energy to get it out. He had been sat here for over three hours, and just recently had his mother dosed off. The doctor had come in, telling Harry the verdict. It wasn't as bad as he had originally thought, but it was still bad. Harry is grateful that it wasn't a drunk driving accident, but alcohol poisoning was serious. When he had come in, she had no idea as to who he was. The doctor said it was normal, mental confusion was a symptom of what she had. Eventually she had come around, and then she had cried until she fell asleep. And that was when Harry finally let out his own tears, praying that his mother would be okay. His life was falling apart, and he couldn't hold all the pieces together. After 15 minutes of crying, he decided to get up, pacing the room quietly as he tried to calm down. He couldn't break down, couldn't fall apart because he had to stay strong for his mum, for Niall. Niall.

With the thought of the blonde lingering on his mind, he stopped pacing, and pulled out his phone. He had several messages all from a certain blonde.

'*kissy face*'

'Shit, I scared you off didn't I? Fuck I'm sorry.'

'Harry? Please reply?'

'I take it back, I swear.'

'Shit, I'm so sorry, I've just fucked everything up haven't I?'

'I'm so sorry.'

He shakes his head at the texts, smiling gently at the first one, before clicking on the contact information and clicking the little call button. It rings, and rings and rings, and for a minute he thinks that Niall won't answer, but then there's a click a breathless 'hello' that almost sounds like a whimper. He had to tell himself not to coo at the lad, and rather have a normal conversation. So he explains that something had come up, and that he hadn't checked his phone until recently, and that he was in fact not angry or disgusted with the lad but actually quite happy for the small emoji.

By the end of all the explaining, Niall had sounded much happier. Although Harry really didn't want to break his happiness, he really just needed to see the blonde. So, sucking the fear up, he asked Niall to meet him at the hospital. It instantly flooded the bottle blonde with worry, but Harry reassured him that he was fine. Niall checked with his mother, who said yes if he brought Louis along, and then the pair left, heading to the hospital.

Niall was anxious, worried for the curly headed lad that had infiltrated his whole entire life, while Louis worried for a stranger he had never even met. They found the room relatively easy, standing in the doorway watching Harry who was sat next to his mother in the reclining seat with wary eyes. Harry noticed them moments later, gesturing for the pair to come in, looking at Louis with confused eyes.