Chapter 2 || Reason ii

Another chapter? Yes please.

---------

Niall honestly didn't think he'd see Harry, unsure if the lad even knew what he was talking about when he left the blonde the day before. He was surprised to see the curly headed lad leaning against his locker, his head down, the cord of his headphones draping over his abdomen, one earbud hanging in the air. Niall was even more shocked to see a large bluish bruise right under his eye, but the curly haired lad had an honest smile on his face which surprised the blonde. Niall decided not to question the bruise, knowing from experience that it could just lead to more trouble for the lanky lad.

"How'd you know where my locker is?" He asked instead, and Harry just smiled gently.

"You'd be surprised of the things I know. I've seen you, not like I was watching you but. Erm yeah." Harry stumbled out, worried he seemed like a creep and Niall wouldn't want anything to do with him. Fortunately for him, Niall thought it was cute how he seemed to stumble over his words, a little flattered that an attractive, sweet, lad like Harry actually took note of where his locker was. No one ever did, unless it was to vandalize it or meet him there to beat him to a pulp. To Niall it didn't seem like Harry was there for either, and that made him exceedingly grateful.

Niall started the day off well, like on other rare occasions, he wasn't stopped by Marcus for a morning beating. It made him anxious, but it also gave him a bit of happiness because it was one less beating. Which brought him back to the lad with the bruise on his face that wasn't there yesterday. Niall was tempted to ask, really he was oh so tempted, but he didn't want to somehow chase away the only person other than Liam to be friendly to him.

"You're wondering about the bruise." It was more of a statement than anything, like Harry had been reading his mind but he thinks that maybe his lingering looks while getting books from his locker was tell enough of his thoughts. Niall nodded although it wasn't phrased as a question, giving the lad in front of him all his attention. He opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by a shout of his name that caused both lads to grimace a bit. Marcus walked up behind Harry, clapping a hand on his shoulder and smiled sickeningly sweet, directing his gaze to the blonde who was hiding behind his locker a bit.

"Styles, Styles, Styles. Why am I not surprised you're standing here talking to this fag? You'll get tired of taking his beatings eventually. When you get in the right mindset, you're more than welcome to join us again, but until then, we'll be seeing you." Marcus taunted, sneering but kept up his faux-happy expression. He tussled his curls before roughly shoving Harry into the lockers, chuckling deeply before walking away. The lanky boy grunted, but said nothing in return, rather opting to glance at the blonde to make sure he was okay. It wasn't the first time that Harry had taken a beating so the blonde didn't have to, although the blonde didn't know it, nor was it the first time he had distracted the tormentors so they missed the blonde. The blonde pegged it to luck, good timing, but the curly headed lad just prayed it would be enough. But it wasn't enough, because the hits and the insults didn't stop and that's all he ever wanted for the beautiful boy with the stunning smile that he only ever got a glimpse of once- in the library, Liam had told him a joke to stop the tears running down his cheeks and he only smiled softly, a smile that had Harry falling hard- he wanted the lad to be happy no matter what had to be done to accomplish the task.

Niall was fine, shocked at the fact that his tormentor had just passed him by with nothing and that he had actually just pushed one of the people Marcus considered a mate into a set of lockers. The words were still processing in his mind, gears turning to make sense of it all, to connect the dots. Harry didn't want it to happen like this, didn't want the blonde finding out, for some unknown reason he didn't want the lad to know that he would take a beating for him any day. Maybe it was because it meant the blonde meant more than he let on, or maybe it was because he didn't want the blonde to potentially blame himself for Harry's decisions. Either way, Harry decided that now would probably be the best time for him to slip off to class, he didn't want to see Niall's reaction when it finally clicked. He handed him a small folded note, bid him a goodbye with a soft peck in between the baby blue eyes and briskly walked to class.

Niall stood dumbfounded, but eventually snapped out of it. He chose to rather focus on the note, rather than the enigma running through his mind, the scene from before running through his mind. He carefully unfolded the note, running his fingers over the neat boyish handwriting before reading what it actually said, a small smile on his face.

Reason two: Someone needs you, without you they are nothing- even if you don't know it yet. You'll make that person really truly happy, and in turn they'll do the same.

-----

What do you think?

5 Comments for an update?

Xx Val