Chapter 6

The night quickly came, and Michael found himself in the elevator for the third time. HandUnit greeted him, "Welcome back to another pivotal night of your thriving new career, where you get to really ask yourself, what am I doing with my life? What would my friends say, and most importantly, will I ever see my family again? We understand the stresses of a new job, and we're here for you. To help you reach a more stable and relaxing frame of mind, we offer several musical selections to help make this elevator ride as relaxing and therapeutic as possible. We offer contemporary jazz, classical rainforest ambiance as well as a wide selection of other choices. Using the keypad below, please type the first few letters of the musical selection you would prefer". Michael just typed r and immediately got, "It seems you had some trouble with the keypad. I see what you are trying to type, and I will autocorrect it for you. Thank you for selecting Casual Bongos". Michael just fucking wheezed as it started and HandUnit said, "Now that your elevator experience has been customized to your needs, and you're thoroughly relaxed, it's worth mentioning that due to your lackluster performance yesterday, your pay has been decreased by a substantial amount. Please enjoy the rest of your descent". 

 Michael just waited until the ride stopped and just proceeded to the control module. "Due to unforeseen malfunctions from today's shows, your nightly duties will require you to perform maintenance that you may or may not be skilled enough to perform. It became necessary for technicians to attempt to disconnect Funtime Freddy's power module. However, they were unsuccessful. Allowing them to try again would be an inefficient path forward, as we would need to allow six to eight weeks for recovery and physical therapy. You will need to reach the Parts and Service room on the other side of Funtime Auditorium to perform the procedure yourself. Let's check on Ballora first, and make sure she's on her stage", HandUnit said when Michael got in the module. He looked done already, but just pressed the light button for Ballora Gallery, in relief that he didn't have to shock her. "Great. It looks like everything is as it should be in Ballora Gallery. Let's check on Funtime Foxy. It's important to make sure she's on her stage before entering", HandUnit said. Michael just muttered, "Just gotta get through the night so I can see Berry (nickname for Niko)", and pressed the light at Funtime Auditorium. "Great. It looks like everything is as it should be in Funtime Auditorium. There is no need to check on Baby tonight. Please refrain from entering unauthorized areas. Proceed directly to Funtime Auditorium", HandUnit said.

 Michael just didn't say anything and just went through the vent, but went tho Circus Gallery vent instead. He felt like something was there he needed to see. When he got in the room, he looked around and went to the desk. Like with the Babydids, he got under the desk and pulled the sheet. He waited a second before he heard her voice. "Did you know that I was onstage once? It wasn't for very long - only one day. What a wonderful day, though. I was in a small room with balloons and a few tables. No one sat at the tables, though, but children would run in and out. Some were afraid of me. Others enjoyed my songs. Music was always coming from somewhere else, down the hall. I would always count the children. I'm not sure why. I was always acutely aware of how many were in the room with me. 2, then 3, then 2, then 3, then 4, then 2. Then none. They usually played together in groups of 2 or 3. I was covered in glitter. I smelled like birthday cake. There were 2, then 3, then 5, then 4. I can do something special - did you know that? I can make ice cream. Although I only did it once. There were 4, then 3, then 2, then 1. Something happened, and there was 1. A little girl, standing by herself. I was no longer myself. And I stopped singing. My stomach opened, and there was ice cream. I couldn't move - at least, not until she stepped closer. There was screaming for a moment, but only for a moment. Then other children rushed in again, but they couldn't hear her over the sounds of their own excitement. I still hear her sometimes. Why did that happen?".

 Michael just froze. He knew something. The girl, who came to see an animatronic, was his sister, Elizabeth. He felt the desire to leave, and so he quickly left, not wanting to stay in that room for another second. Things started piecing together. His dad's robot, meant for entertainment and show, is why his sister is gone. Fuck this. Fuck everything. He was done with Circus Gallery. He got back to the PCM and just went through the vent to Funtime Auditorium, and when he got in the dark room, HandUnit spoke, "Unlike Ballora, Funtime Foxy is motion activated. For this reason, it is important to keep the room dark, as to not accidentally activate her. You have been provided with a flash beacon. Use it if you need to get your bearings, and to ensure you don't bump into anything. However, use it as sparingly as possible. Proceed forward to reach the Parts & Service room". Michael just muttered, "Let's get this over with, I just want to see her again". He flashed the beacon when needed and ran when needed, seeing Funtime Foxy a few times. When he got in the Parts and Service Room, HandUnit spoke, "Great job reaching Parts & Service. It seems that Funtime Freddy is out of power, which should make your job much easier. The release switch for the chest cavity is located on the underside of the endoskeleton jaw. To reach it, we will first need to open the face plates. You will need to press the face plate release triggers in a specific order, and it's important to be as precise and as careful as possible. Locate the small button on Freddy's face, just under his right cheek, and press it".  

 Michael shined his light and found the button. He pressed the button and HandUnit said, "Great! Now locate the button under his left cheek and press it". Michael once again shined his light and found and pressed the button. "Great! Now carefully locate and press the button next to Freddy's right eye", HandUnit said.  Michael did that, and HandUnit said, "Great! Now carefully locate and press the button next just above Freddy's nose". When Michael did that, he was scared by the sound made when the face plates opened. "The face plates should now be open. Locate and press the small button on the underside of Freddy's endoskeleton jaw", HandUnit said. Michael just took a breath and when he pushed that button, the chest plates opened. HandUnit said, "Excellent. The chest cavity should now be open. Remove the power module from the chest cavity". Michael saw the power module and carefully removed it. "Great work. You will now be required to remove the secondary power module from the Bonnie hand puppet. Press the large, black button beneath Bonnie's bowtie to release the power module", HandUnit said. "Easy-", Michael said, before realizing when he shined the light at Freddy's hand, BonBon was gone. "The fu-", Michael said, looking around. He saw BonBon slowly emerge from behind Freddy's left arm. Michael slowly went to remove it, but BonBon went away fast. "You little fucker-", Michael said, looking once again. He saw something from the corner of his eye and seeing BonBon was there again, he quickly removed the second power module. 

 HandUnit said, "Great work. You've acquired both power modules. This completes your tasks for the night. Please exit the building through Funtime Auditorium, and we'll see you back here again tomorrow". Michael sighed in relief. Muttering, "Now to leave and see Niko", Michael went back and into Funtime Auditorium and flashed the beacon, ran a few steps, flashed again, ran and then flashed again, ran and flashed, a lot of repeated stuff until, oddly enough. Foxy found him and everything went dark.